DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Is anybody else having talks with folks around camp about how Arthur is killing too many innocents?  I've told two different people in camp that now, and told one that I'm killing too many random animals.  

I'm curious if that's the game telling me I'm fucking up.

So, yeah, I tried to be a nice guy, I tried to play by the rules. I mean, I paid all my bounties and I'm trying not to kill random fuckers now but that's just not as much fun. If you're not the meanest fucker around, what's the point? Ain't no-one want to be the guy who gives random stranger ladies a ride back to their camp and shit.

I have a really rather perverse interest in killing fuckers and then dumping their carcasses off a cliff. I've lost count of the amount of O'Driscoll bodies I've threw the fuck off the side of a cliff. But, fuck them, they deserved it.

• Like 1

Also, as someone who isn't the biggest gamer in the world and who, the last GTA apart, hasn't played a game as much since the last Red Dead but who is completely engrossed by this one, I love the shit out of these random little stories from this thread. 

I'm so totally looking forward to coming across a KKK meeting so I can kill the fuck out of those fuckers.

I just got the most basic edition for $28.99, thanks to a program at work where you use an app to keep track of your steps every day and they give you points you can use to buy giftcards and other things. I had enough to get a $30 Amazon giftcard, which I then used to buy a $30 Xbox Live giftcard.

I'm installing it now, and luckily I have the next two and a half days off so maybe it'll finish installing sometime before Tuesday afternoon. I'm at 1.5 gigs installed out of 87, so...

My favorite part of this thread so far is Rippa cussing out Micah every third post. Shit is comedy gold.

So in "how to go from feeling like a badass to a dumbass in 10 seconds" 101, I'll give y'all the recipe.

1 - Ride up on some O'Driscolls on a bridge who tell you to turn away because it's their bridge.

2- Say out loud "The fuck it is," chug some deadeye tonic and proceed to wipe out all five of them with dual pistols.

3- Feeling as confident and cocky as Ric Flair in a new $5,000 suit, walk over to loot the bodies.

4-Fucking fall off the bridge like a dipshit, die, and lose the awesome new hat you just put on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I did the thing in Strawberry this weekend so I'm firmly on the "Fuck Micah" bandwagon.

I also finally got the KKK event and unfortunately I didn't have any dynamite so I had to do things the old fashioned way.

• Like 2

Alright so, I need to start advancing past chapter two, instead of wandering around. The thing is, I have a constant “Dead or Alive” level in Blackwater, which is where the last yellow marker is. Because of the DOA, it won’t let me start it.

Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Alright so, I need to start advancing past chapter two, instead of wandering around. The thing is, I have a constant “Dead or Alive” level in Blackwater, which is where the last yellow marker is. Because of the DOA, it won’t let me start it.

Any ideas?

Assuming you mean the marker for Javier - when you get closer the mission is actually outside of Blackwater so you don't have to worry about the town.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I need to find a gold bar since I need $300 due to the bounty I now have.

Fucking Micah.

This fucking game better let me fucking kill him

There is an achievement for surviving for 3 days holding a bounty of $250 in all states so you may want to see how long you can last with that price on your head before paying it off.

I did fishing with Jack this afternoon and ran into Jackie Earle Haley and his goon. 

When I did the oil wagon, I died twice and the second time, ths other wagon was already in Valentine when I respawned. So I just went there and got it.