DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Am I just an idiot, or do I not understand clothes? I see people online dressed as Doc Holiday and Calvin Candy and then I look at the catalogue in Saint Denis like "uhhhhhh......I can't tell what this jacket will look like if I buy it."

Am I missing a preview button or something?

Either way, as a result of my confusion, Arthur is still wearing the same shit he has from the beginning.

• Like 1

I do like that if you take the time to snoop around some of the shops, you can find illicit secondary businesses that the shops are running, and of course you can rob the shit out of them because what are they going to do? Report you to the law?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

Am I just an idiot, or do I not understand clothes? I see people online dressed as Doc Holiday and Calvin Candy and then I look at the catalogue in Saint Denis like "uhhhhhh......I can't tell what this jacket will look like if I buy it."

Either way, as a result of my confusion, Arthur is still wearing the same shit he has from the beginning.

There's a preview button (I think it's just clicking A on Xbox) and once in the preview screen there's another button (X I believe) that will return you to similar articles of clothing while still keeping you in the preview screen. 

I'm still trying to find a nice black coat and a long bow tie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am came across a Klan meeting

That went about as well as you would expect

Did it go like a Klan meeting in Mafia III?

That is to say, poorly for the guys in bedsheets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RUkered said:

What Oyaji said.  

My problem with clothes is that I am constantly having to take time out to change them.  

I can't go play Poker dressed like a yokel and I can't go hunting or fishing dressed like a dapper dan.

38 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Did it go like a Klan meeting in Mafia III?

That is to say, poorly for the guys in bedsheets?

I would say so - two guys lit themselves on fire and then I beat the leader to death with my fists

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I can't go play Poker dressed like a yokel and I can't go hunting or fishing dressed like a dapper dan.

The thing that will help you is that you can store up to three outfits on your horse

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The thing that will help you is that you can store up to three outfits on your horse

I still haven't gotten used to the number of satchels I have access to.

Sometimes I end up eating a can of baked beans when I intended to break out my revolver or I will put on my winter gloves while trying to find my outlaw mask

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I still keep pulling my weapon with LT when I think I am trying to initiate a conversation or study something. 

—-

made my first regrettable error. Forgot to take the weapon after I killed the first gunslinger. I did however kill and skin all his pigs and chickens. 

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was one gun I am pretty sure I missed because it fell off the top of a train

Not the train you rob in Chapter One, I hope.  If so, I missed it too thanks to Dutch rushing me. 

It took forever to finish that mission because I took time to loot all of the corpses I didn't get a chance to search when Lenny and I were trying to stop the engine.

- What's taking you so long, Morgan?

- I'm trying to get some cash and bullets, dumbass.  Have some fucking patience.

I donated a platinum pocket watch and a gold belt buckle to the gang stash after the Chapter One train robbery.  Hopefully I will not regret my generosity.

I'm now trying to get in some more hunting so that I can upgrade the camp, but it is proving to be rather time consuming.  I may just shotgun the first playthrough and go back to it after Red Dead Live launches.  I'm not even worried about getting Gold medals.  I'll deal with that shit later on.

I didn't get 100% completion until a year after I bought GTA5 and my pace on this game doesn't look any different.

I’m annoyed that i was trying to loot a camp after a gunfight but I had barely done one tent and the wanted warning kicked in. I needed that cash for camp upgrades. 

Just killed a big old elk on my way back to the hideout. Sadly, it took 3 shots so only good quality. 

35 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Not the train you rob in Chapter One, I hope.  If so, I missed it too thanks to Dutch rushing me. 

It took forever to finish that mission because I took time to loot all of the corpses I didn't get a chance to search when Lenny and I were trying to stop the engine.

- What's taking you so long, Morgan?

- I'm trying to get some cash and bullets, dumbass.  Have some fucking patience.

I donated a platinum pocket watch and a gold belt buckle to the gang stash after the Chapter One train robbery.  Hopefully I will not regret my generosity.

I'm now trying to get in some more hunting so that I can upgrade the camp, but it is proving to be rather time consuming.  I may just shotgun the first playthrough and go back to it after Red Dead Live launches.  I'm not even worried about getting Gold medals.  I'll deal with that shit later on.

I didn't get 100% completion until a year after I bought GTA5 and my pace on this game doesn't look any different.

Get used to people bitching at you for taking too long picking up shit.  I spend half my time listening to that.

I've donated piles of valuables to unlock camp upgrades.

There's no way I ever come close to 100% on this.  Pretty sure the last time I did that on any game was San Andreas.  I think it  took me two years to do the main storyline in GTA5, and I still haven't done things like buy a business, do any assassinations after the first one or do more than 2-3 strangers missions in that game.

I got 100% Completion in GTA 5, but I didn't finish the assassination missions or spend $2 Mil on businesses until after I finished Story Mode.  

I seem to have that problem when it comes to totally completing Rockstar sandbox games.  Too much stuff to fetch and tweak.

As much as I like Arthur Morgan, I am looking forward to any RDR2 add-on where I get to adventure as Charles Smith.

I am not that far into the story yet so knowing my luck, Charles will get whacked before the game is out.

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I would not bet on anyone surviving that we didnt already see in RDR. 

Rockstar made spin off games with plenty of GTA characters that would either die in the game they debuted in or would die in a subsequent game.

I don't see a problem with them making a game featuring Charles as the main character, but Rockstar's next gen GTA strategy seems to be milking multiplayer rather than creating more campaign mode content.