DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! At the first game Easter egg I just came across

It was probably mentioned already but I am terrified to click any of your fucking spoiler boxes

I marked out yesterday when I saw some of the people on the cigarette cards. 

*gets shot to shit up at Fort Wallace*

"Ohhhh, so THAT'S why the area was marked in red."

Not a whole lot bothers me when it comes to animal stuff unlike my wife who I had to basically do a sales pitch to convince her to watch John Wick because of what happens in the beginning, but when my horse got shot and was trying to get back up before finally dying, I was like, "Goddamn, game......did you really have to do all that?"

Also, you guys are killing me talking about all these easter eggs. I want to find out what it is, but as has been mentioned by all the other old coots in this thread, if it's people from the first game that I'm supposed to remember besides Dutch, Bill, Abigail, and Uncle, then it won't mean shit to me anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

Lenny learned not to test me in 5 Finger Filet

I'm wondering if it gets harder as you progress because I whooped his ass, and I sucked at it in the first game. I looked at the buttons when it was his turn and then just spammed the shit out of them when it was my turn. Easy as pie. It has to get harder - it just has to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I played at another place too - the first level is always the most basic patterns.

If you player longer for higher stakes they do more than 2 buttons

I beat his ass until I got to the level where there is no pattern, it's a random button between each finger.  

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Is that in the bayou area? I kept coming across something that was spooking my horse and it sounded threatening. Made me just ride faster to get the fuck out of there. 

Yes

I had come from Black Belle and was riding along and my horse started getting spooked. At first I thought it was because of a gator (Since I almost walked straight into one a minute earlier picking flowers).

But instead I saw a corpse hanging from a tree - so I went to investigate that and all of a sudden 3 zombie voodoo motherfuckers jumped me and shived me.

It also appears to be a random encounter because I reloaded and went back to the same exact spot and no lynching and no zombie voodoo motherfuckers

Btw, while doing that quest to find all of those old gunslingers, I went off to find Flaco in the mountains. Along the way I come across a frozen lake and there's a huge bear on it. I get out my rifle with my long scope and basically put a bullet right through his brain. One shot kill on a bear. 

So that was awesome. What wasn't awesome was walking across the ice. The sounds that are made when you do that are haunting. Anyway, I skin the bear, find Flaco, and go back to Valentine. As soon as I get to Valentine, there's four fucking O'Driscolls that jump me. This is basically right by the sheriff's building. I get killed instantly. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LAW FOR THIS BULLSHIT? 

I do all of these bounties and the law can't lift a finger to help me, but if I accidentally kill someone in a fistfight, I get every lawman in the area shooting my ass. Anyway, I respawn and.... the fucking bear pelt and the other two wolf pelts I collected are no longer on my horse. Fucking bullshit. 

I also had another scare where some random shitheads not affiliated with any gang tried to rob and kill me. I thought they killed my horse because my horse just laid on the ground. I was actually pretty sad until I walked up to him and saw I could revive him. 

17 hours ago, supremebve said:

I beat his ass until I got to the level where there is no pattern, it's a random button between each finger.  

I have learned that if you sound out the button letter in your head as you are tapping your controller, your accuracy will stay on point.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am the only idiot who can't recognize plants in this game?

I swear it is way harder to find the shit to pick this time around.

To follow up - my dumbass finally learned that popping on dead eye will show the pick able plants.

It will also make you think that gators are shiny rocks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes

I had come from Black Belle and was riding along and my horse started getting spooked. At first I thought it was because of a gator (Since I almost walked straight into one a minute earlier picking flowers).

But instead I saw a corpse hanging from a tree - so I went to investigate that and all of a sudden 3 zombie voodoo motherfuckers jumped me and shived me.

It also appears to be a random encounter because I reloaded and went back to the same exact spot and no lynching and no zombie voodoo motherfuckers

I haven't run into them yet, but I saw a video of that on Reddit and I would have shit my pants if it happened to me.

Also saw a video of a guy walking into a tiny cabin and a gigantic ass bear was in it. This game is basically a Friday the 13th movie.

• Like 1

I fully expect to get jumped by something every time I open a door.

And the fact that I know I can't put a bullet in Uncle's brain infuriates me. Motherfucker cleaned me out after runner runner to fucking out kick my full house. So much murderous rage

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I fully expect to get jumped by something every time I open a door.

And the fact that I know I can't put a bullet in Uncle's brain infuriates me. Motherfucker cleaned me out after runner runner to fucking out kick my full house. So much murderous rage

We got into a fight where he was wrestling with somebody.  He was lying there hollering for me to help him.  I just stood by and asked "why?"

• Haha 1

Yeah, I'm pretty much fucked with all these bounties I've racked up because I'm an idiot. So, I'm doing one of the stranger missions where you have to collect photos of the gunslingers and I kill the one dude on top of the train but then I go and shoot the fucking train driver, steal the train and joyride around half the fucking map in this train. I mean, it was a great way to see the world but every new place the train went into I got another bounty because I was on a STOLEN FUCKING TRAIN. Idiot. 

It also doesn't help that I can't help killing and robbing random fuckers. I was already a wanted man in Valentine but I tried to go in the saloon when three O'Driscolls were at the entrance and told me to walk away so, being the bigger man, I turned around and walked away but then one of the bastards called me a 'yellow belly' and ain't no motherfucker call Arthur Morgan a yellow belly. Stopped short like I was in an actual Western film, turned around, killed those 3 suckers dead. The lawmen descend on me, shoot the fuck out of me after my horse kicks me off him and that's more dollars lost that I need to pay off bounties.

So, yeah, at the minute, I'm doing hunting and treasure maps and shit to make some money because I can't go anywhere without 6 bounty hunters and 3 dogs tearing me a new asshole. And it's all my fault.

This game fucking rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Also, I killed this one guy on a horse carriage, rob him then stab one of the horses, they end up fleeing towards a cliff. I go back to them, stab another horse and all four horses and the carriage go careering off the damn cliff. Total horse carnage.

Darndest thing I ever saw since the last darndest thing I saw in this game.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I normally play with the sound off so I can listen to podcasts but ...

I was riding along by the train tracks and was rear ended by a train going the same direction. 

I play most games with low or no sound, but I'd recommend turning it up for this.  There are lots of environmental sound cues that don't always show up as subtitles.

Also this game is amazing with some 5.1 headphones.