DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Oh yeah all the missions are in the state my bounty is in, more or less.  I'm at like $120 bucks.  If I had that kind of money I wouldn't be murdering people for their money.

My gang camp is pretty nicely upgraded though.  COCAINE CHEWING GUM BRING IT PO PO

Also fun bit that I remembered when you guys were talking about smacking into trees

I smacked into another dude on a horse.  It looked like I hit him with an Undertaker flying clothesline and my horse did too.  It was some Skate 2 shit but with horses.

He died.

I got charged with murder.

More bounty.

Also if you kill a son of a bitch for winning too much at poker they don't have all of the money on them when you beat them to death and go through their pockets.

More bounty.

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

Okay, I have an admission that might not be popular...

Does anyone else really not like the fact that you basically know what is going to happen to all the characters in the game? Cause I will be honest that is driving me crazy in the story. 

This is where those of us that are twice your age and have shitty memories have an advantage.

• Like 7

Just a heads up since who knows if anyone has had this happen to them yet but there are times the game will force you to do a mission

Did Part A of a mission. When I returned to camp, I was told about Part B. I went about my business did some missions for other people, etc.. doing my usual "I will do Part B when I eventually stumble back to that part of the map"

The next time I went to sleep (in camp) - I woke up with the character telling me I had to do Part B right now and everything else was locked off until I did it.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just a heads up since who knows if anyone has had this happen to them yet but there are times the game will force you to do a mission

Did Part A of a mission. When I returned to camp, I was told about Part B. I went about my business did some missions for other people, etc.. doing my usual "I will do Part B when I eventually stumble back to that part of the map"

The next time I went to sleep (in camp) - I woke up with the character telling me I had to do Part B right now and everything else was locked off until I did it.

I hate being railroaded.

Finally started the fishing mission. I couldn’t understand all of the love for the fishing mechanics. I spent a legit 20 minutes trying to reel in the first fish I hooked on the mission with Jack. I couldn’t bring the fish in no matter how long I wound the reel. THEN I finally realized I was spinning the control stick the wrong way the entire time. ?

23 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Finally started the fishing mission. I couldn’t understand all of the love for the fishing mechanics. I spent a legit 20 minutes trying to reel in the first fish I hooked on the mission with Jack. I couldn’t bring the fish in no matter how long I wound the reel. THEN I finally realized I was spinning the control stick the wrong way the entire time. ?

I will probably spend hours fishing and gambling.  I won't beat the game until sometime in 2025.

• Like 1

Holy shit, this game is worse than Black Ops 4 with just burying systems and menus and options without any explanation or direction. You just constantly have to find shit on your own. Like last night, I'm trying to figure out how to move loot I've picked up from my horse to me. Along the way I find that my horse has had all of the hats I've lost.

I've lost three fucking hats and thought they were all gone. THEY WERE ON THE HORSE THE WHOLE TIME. What the fuck?!? 

I love this game, but shit like that is aggravating as fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will probably spend hours fishing and gambling.  I won't beat the game until sometime in 2025.

Gambling and dominoes take forever to get through. I probably played a game of hold em for almost 45 minutes. I eventually just gave up and decided to keep pushing all in and not caring if I won or lost.

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Gambling and dominoes take forever to get through. I probably played a game of hold em for almost 45 minutes. I eventually just gave up and decided to keep pushing all in and not caring if I won or lost.

We will not discuss the time length of my longest Poker game in RDR1.  Cleaning out everyone at the table in the last saloon before endgame was a brutal endeavor. 

Every time I was close to running the table and went all in, the asshole I was up against would pull a flush out of his ass after the river when I was sitting on a straight the whole time.  The son of a bitch NEVER FOLDED~!

• Like 1

I don't remember playing poker much in RDR, but I imagine that I have the same complaint then that I do now, which is that the blinds need to increase over time. Maybe every 5 minutes? If the blinds are $.02 for the big and $.01 for the small and you start out with $1.00 then it just leads to games being way too long. If they don't want to put in a system to increase the blinds every 5 minutes, then the blinds just need to be higher the whole time.

Was trying to get out of bounty territory with several valuables I'd repossessed, so I decided to take the melraz route.  Everything was going swimmingly till I didn't see that bigass rock.  Horse stopped.  I didn't.  Fortunately nobody was around to laugh at me and/or collect my bounty.

• Haha 3

I hit a point tonight where I am basically lost in the woods and all my stats are shit so I keep getting jumped and murdered by gangs

I decided I will deal with it in the morning