DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Honestly I was kinda disappointed with 

Spoiler

the pretty lame origin of John's scars

... even if it, and some of the following dialogue, fits in with what I've read regarding the game mocking grandiose Western myth-making.

I was exaggerating somewhat. Obviously I remember Bill, Dutch, etc...

But yeah there are some names being thrown out where I am like “I know I heard it but I don’t know why”

I'll be board Guinea pig as the only one who got nowhere in the first RDR. I finished the first mission, then got sucked into a vortex where all I could do is play cards and chase bounties. I think I bought some land.

Interested to hear Melraz' reaction to dominoes being in the game.

You lot fared better than me. I got back at 6 last night. Had to install 89gb from disc plus 41gb download... then when that was done there was a 20gb game update. That finished at 11. Then I went to bed. Successful night of gaming ?

I am curious to how early review sites got their copies that most were able to have reviews up on release day where they had all claimed to have finished the main story and "a lot' of side stuff

My wife surprised me by preordering the game from Amazon and having it sent to me gift wrapped yesterday. I didn't get top install it until late at night though. 

Started the install at 10:30, it finished installing close to midnight. Wound up playing it awake until 2 am or so. It is a beautiful game and unlike any other Rockstar open world game. 

• Like 1

Yeah this really doesn't remind me much of other Rockstar games, it has certain elements sure but everything from the way the NPCs interact with you to the weather system to the gun mechanics to the maintenance is more like Witcher is something like that but it feels fresh..     The gun controls aren't perfect but I like them better than a typical GTA game.  They have a lot more weight to them too.  

I spent a couple hours today just exploring and getting into shit with people. 

Everyone talking about how slow paced the game is - meanwhile it keeps getting pissed at me for taking my sweet time looting bodies.

Oh and at one point I accidentally shot a dude and the game acted like I punched him

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Everyone talking about how slow paced the game is - meanwhile it keeps getting pissed at me for taking my sweet time looting bodies.

Oh and at one point I accidentally shot a dude and the game acted like I punched him

Yeah, I was looting after the first gunfight and Dutch kept telling at me to hurry up. But I got a hard earned $53