DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I got the text from Gamestop that I can pick it up at 9 PM Thursday.

If my usual insomnia hits - I might start playing at 3 AM

It's my custody weekend, so gameplay on Friday and Saturday will be sparse.  

I'll probably play until I have a coma after I drop of my kid at her mom's and I get to the 'rents on Sunday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It's my custody weekend, so gameplay on Friday and Saturday will be sparse.  

I'll probably play until I have a coma after I drop of my kid at her mom's and I get to the 'rents on Sunday afternoon.

I was going to take off this weekend for a few days to play it, but I have to travel with my wife for a Grad school interview next week, so I'm probably going to take off around that to log some hours into it and attack some other stuff in my queue.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Honestly - not having the online fully ready at launch will make it easier for me to ease my way into the game.

I'd rather focus on campaign mode right now.  If online mode is up and the crew is down for anything, I'll never get anything done in the story.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Has anyone checked in with @melraz09 yet?

Yeah - he pre-ordered the Ultimate edition. Said his wife had Friday and Saturday off, so he might not have much playing time until Sunday.

That's definitely all I'm doing Sunday as soon as I get back in town.

Well, after 17 billion hours of install time...

• Like 1

I gotta go through a internet service provider change, so I should be ready to go by the time they figure out multiplayer in 2024.

This is really my favorite part of videogames - knowing there's literally millions doing the same thing you are. My friends list will probably be 90 percent people playing RDR2. Sounds weird,  but I even like to wait in line for the game to go on sale - all those people waiting to do the exact same thing.

I know it's kinda like movies, but I'm one of those rare folk who doesn't care for movies.

I'll try to get on at least enough to see how fucked the online is over the weekend.  Realistically its gonna be awhile before I have much time to get into this.  Between work being insane, being sick, taking care of a sick cat, and dealing a boat in a pecan tree  I'm about swamped.

And I'm glad I'm not not the only one that doesn't like movies.  I'm the same with TV too.  Only thing I watch is sports, and whatever my son chooses for TV time.

Mine's not arriving til Monday because I'm cheap and opted for free delivery from Amazon ?

If anyone is on PS4 I'd be up for starting a posse online but I doubt I'm going to even touch it until I'm done with the campaign (in a decade)

11 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

There's no online this weekend.  They're launching that later.

Thank God.  My OCD will have enough to deal with as it is with gambling, hunting, and shooting people's pistols out of their hands.

I don't need to add multiplayer to that mix.

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One can hope that the poker and horseshoe portions of the game are as distracting as golf, tennis and darts were in GTA V. 

I spent DAYS playing Texas Hold 'Em in RDR1.  That was one of my primary sources of income since I played John as a baby face and didn't rob anyone.  It was nearly as addictive as Pazaak was in SW:  KOTOR.

Horseshoes, not so much. 

Once I unlocked the achievement for getting a ringer, I was done with horseshoes.

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One can hope that the poker and horseshoe portions of the game are as distracting as golf, tennis and darts were in GTA V. 

I spent DAYS playing Texas Hold 'Em in RDR1.  That was one of my primary sources of income since I played John as a baby face and didn't rob anyone.

Horseshoes, not so much. 

Once I unlocked the achievement for getting a ringer, I was done with horseshoes.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Melraz and I had RDR1 for Playstation and spent many a drunken night clearing out gang hideouts and then finishing up with poker. I didn't even make the connection with GTA until I read your post, but we often finished off a night of GTAO with golf.

And you can ask Mel about this, but if they have Liar's Dice in this fucking game and y'all want to play it, I'm signing off. It's the gaming equivalent of doing math in my head. I don't get it, never will, and I hate it.

• Like 1

Bull shit Burke. That was some of my all time favorite video game memories. Your gonna play liars dice until you know what your doing which is hopefully never. 

I'm slow at this stuff, Burke just told me to check out this thread. Hopefully I'm off tomorrow Friday and Saturday (turned in some personal days). My wife is gonna hafta work. I've gotta go pick up a 2 pack and my preordered $100 edition and install that 24 hour bastard.

I will hopefully be back to my old work schedule and I can saddle up my trusty ol' donkey and get out the old 6 shooter 3 days a week. See y'all on the frontier shortly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh and there is alla akbaring or at least was in the 1rst. Me and Burke use to do it quite regularly. Just light your dynamite and run. Hopefully we can figure out a way to stick it up the steeds ass on this one. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Thank God.  My OCD will have enough to deal with as it is with gambling, hunting, and shooting people's pistols out of their hands.

I don't need to add multiplayer to that mix.

I may not progress in the story at all because once I find a Texas Hold 'Em Table, I may lose 10 hours of my life.