DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am working Sat and Sun this weekend so I have two days off next week and I was debating making one of them Friday - but I legit think it is going take all day to install so that might end up being a waste

Preload? I'm saying that as a barbarian who has no concept of what that is or how it works

25 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Preload? I'm saying that as a barbarian who has no concept of what that is or how it works

I am buying a physical copy because I am still a paranoid old coot who wants the actual disc

That being said - Gamestop is most likely doing the midnight release (aka buy it the night before at 9 pm)

So I will just load it while I sleep

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to get a physical disc or download it. Like Rippa, sometimes I worry about the whole digital download thing and having to re-download stuff isn't fun. I forget what game it was, but there was something that I had the itch to play again, but I forgot I deleted it so I would have to re-download the stupid thing to play it again. For something that's 100 gb, I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of having to re-download something like that.

The other issue is if I eventually get a Pro where again I'll have to just re-download shit. There's definitely a convenience to the digital download, but there's some definite downsides to it as well.

Only issue I've had with downloads was Andromeda, which didn't preload for some reason.  Then actual download speed was ridiculously slow too, though I can reliably get about 600 MB to the XBOX.

Upside was I spent the two hours the download took listening to melraz getting frustrated.  "Why am I stuck on this dalm ship?  And why do I have to talk to a 3 toed sloth?  I don't want to talk to a dalm sloth!  I want to shoot motherfuckers!"

• Haha 1

I will say that download speeds have improved. I pre-loaded Call of Duty 4, which is about 50 gb, in about 30 minutes. Then again, I reliably get 125 to 150 mbps downstream where I'm at.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, RIPPA said:

Hey @Neil Koch - you still cool being the head honcho for the DVDR crew?

And for everyone else - we have a DVDVR crew - just search for DVDR on Rockstar's Social Club

And we need a better graphic

Stupid Punk

That's fine, I think the lieutenants (or what ever they're called in the crew) can also manage it, like approving or kicking out people.  I probably won't have the game until after Christmas.

FYI - if you get the disc, it's going to have to install all of the game data anyway.  A buddy at work is preloading the game and he said the file is 150GB.

I thought I had enough and had to clear GTA IV from my system in order to get myself down to 99 for the install. I am starting to run into a real poblem of "Not wanting to delete any of my games off my hard drive" issue fo this one, but I think once this and 76 are in I shouldn't be getting any new games for quite a while.

23 hours ago, Robert C said:

Only issue I've had with downloads was Andromeda, which didn't preload for some reason.  Then actual download speed was ridiculously slow too, though I can reliably get about 600 MB to the XBOX.

Upside was I spent the two hours the download took listening to melraz getting frustrated.  "Why am I stuck on this dalm ship?  And why do I have to talk to a 3 toed sloth?  I don't want to talk to a dalm sloth!  I want to shoot motherfuckers!"

I think when 76 comes out I just need to fully take on the role of "The guy who heals and makes everyone weapons for them" and run with it. Watching you guys do crazy shit will be more then worth the time for me.

I am also an old coot who likes physical copies, so I reckon no preloading for me.

The biggest kick in the dick is that it's supposed to be delivered Friday, but I have to head out of town for the weekend. I might just fake my own death and go hide in that cabin with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m working Thursday Friday and Saturday, so it will be just a smattering the first day or so. 

Luckily, I finished the Atlas Seed stuff in No Mans Sky over the weekend, so I can safely swap games this week without remorse. 

I don’t think over seen anyone mentioned it, and I’m on my phone so can’t really locate the details - but there are a couple exclusive weapons available to GTA5 players for doing some bounty missions that can be used both in GTA and RDR2.

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I should have my copy by Thursday.  How long it will take to install?  I have no clue.

Yeah - I got the text from Gamestop that I can pick it up at 9 PM Thursday.

If my usual insomnia hits - I might start playing at 3 AM

I have my new hard drive, but I need to install it. The other wrinkle is that my birthday is next Wednesday and my wife yesterday was like, "are you going to get that Red Dead game?" I said I probably would and she tells me she hasn't made any sort of final decision, but it might be a birthday present so don't get it.

I might just wait to see if I get it on my birthday because I have almost every day off next week anyway and this weekend is going to be a busy one. If I don't get it though, that's going to be somewhat annoying.