DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - you usually are the first to stop playing

And to stop your XBOX live subscription

Notice I didn't mention @CSC either

I blame Stardew Valley ... 200+ hours and counting wasting time organizing a farm when I should be organizing my own apartment. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-pro-resolution-is-not-4k-report-1907455

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro Resolution Is Not 4K: Report

Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR 2) for PS4 and Xbox One has an October 26 release date. In the run up to this, we've seen several trailers for Rockstar's open-world Wild West adventure. The latest Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer showed off a generous amount of gameplay on the PS4 Pro. So much so that video game tech analysis site, Digital Foundry has been able to piece together Red Dead Redemption 2's PS4 Pro resolution. Spoiler alert: it's not 4K. Rather, it's a 12.5 per cent increase over 1440p - a more regular number we see on PS4 Pro supported titles.

"Rockstar provided us with a pristine, 68mbps version of the trailer to take a look at - and there's no doubt that those vast landscapes are flattered by the 4K output, but there's more to the story here. Looking close at each cut in the edit indicates PS4 Pro natively runs at 1920x2160, halving the pixel count on the horizontal axis from a proper 4K," a report from the site claims.

And while some might feel shortchanged by the lack of pixels, there maybe some advantages to this approach.

"This 1920x2160 setup has other benefits, specifically that the fact it's scaling only in one direction means a cleaner division of pixels. Based on what this trailer's showing - and it couldchange by launch - it's a more effective way to project this massive world to ultra HD TVs. And to put it another way, presuming the base PS4 version runs at 1920x1080, PS4 Pro makes is using its 2.4x boost in GPU power by simply doubling the resolution. That potentially leaves a shade of GPU headroom for other effects, or even a smoother frame-rate if that's a problem on regular hardware. But again, there are a lot of 'ifs' here, and we'll need to see what the score is in October."

It will be interesting to see what the Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox One X resolution is, more so considering the beefed up specifications of Microsoft's console.

As for the Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay trailer itself, it was completely captured in-game at 4K and did a fantastic job of showing off what you can expect when the game hits with slick lighting, effects, and highly-detailed character models backed up by fluid animations and convincing voice acting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I might be taking that Friday off, taking a nap when I get off work on Thursday, and firing it up at midnight for a very lengthy run.

I finally pre-ordered this through Amazon. I completely forgot that I had a gift card loaded on my account.

Went to check out and owed 55 cents. I thought it was a glitch and was about to post on here like BUY NOW, BOYS before I realized what was going on.

Not that I wasn't going to love it either way, but the fact that I get to enjoy this for a shiny half dollar and a nickel tickles me.

This should give me enough time to beat the PS4 Spiderman game before I lose days to horse riding and poker.

• Like 2

Aigh, I've given in and preordered too as I got a bunch of Amazon vouchers for my birthday. I didn't get as sweet a checkout price as you though @RUkered.

Believe it or not this is the first physical game I've bought for my PS4 as we live in a world where it's more expensive for me to preorder the game digitally (which requires immediate payment for some reason) rather than get a physical copy of the game. Go figure...