DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

That is the most beautiful game I've seen yet. I cannot wait to explore the environments, as that was my favourite part of the first one and this one looks immense. Combat looks fantastic too. Perfect amount of info to whet my appetite and there'll be more.

How many hours will I spend fishing in this game? Too many. The answer is too many. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I keep chuckling to myself at all the things @melraz09 and @Robert C and @RUkered will never see since they will never not be in online

If they put something resembling the repeating sniper in RDR online, I ain't ever going in freemode except in passive.  There's a reason I try not to fight in the sticks in GTA now.  

My current theory, after seeing the adds in GTA the last few weeks, is that they'll take liberties with the timeline and add bomber planes to this game - with the real life price set to roughly the GDP of Latvia.

I can't wait to try to kill a mountain lion with a knife again.  Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time, and it looks like they'll keep my beloved hunting challenges.  I really want to know how deep the get to know your gang thing goes because if they pull it off to its fullest potential it could really change gaming from here on out. Just imagine how that could work with RPGs, where they just drop you in a world and you build deep relationships at your own pace.  I haven't anticipated a game this much in a long ass time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

I can't wait to try to kill a mountain lion with a knife again. 

It took me so long to do, but was so goddamn satisfying when I did, that I went on like a weeklong spree of cougar slaying with the knife. I died hundreds and hundreds of times.

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

It took me so long to do, but was so goddamn satisfying when I did, that I went on like a weeklong spree of cougar slaying with the knife. I died hundreds and hundreds of times.

The thing that made it so satisfying is that it was almost impossible to sneak up on a cougar, you had to try to kill it after it ambushed you.  You'd be riding your horse, hear this , then all of a sudden your horse is dead and you were rolling on the ground trying to find it before it killed you.  It is one of the most adrenaline-pumping moments in all of gaming.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jstout said:

Robert, all you needed to know is that there's gonna be deathmatches.

I swear to God, them cowboys come out Mary Louing and me and Rockstar gonna have problems.

I'll be able to tell you whether Mary Lou's in there roughly 3 femtoseconds after I get online.

One quick google search on RDR1 later - I don't think you're gonna be happy there.  Hopefully it will at least be realistic and Mary Louing will will result in the player's character covered head to toe in horse shit.

4 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Will a younger Herbert Moon appear in the game? Perhaps one who doesn't get his store robbed so often?

But if I repeatedly murder Herbert Moon for saying anti-semitic shit in the prequel how will he show up in RDR?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Anybody you're able to repeatedly murder can presumably continue to show up after you're finished.

This time I'm going to find a way to keep that sonofabitch in the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Which version of this is everyone getting (Not console but the editions). I thought about taking advantage of the pre-order bonus (I have a pretty much never preorder policy the last couple of years, but RDR breaks that rule).

7 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

I went with the PC Special E----OH THAT'S RIGHT, FUCK PC OWNERS. 

- GTA 4 took about seven months to make the jump to PC.
- LA Noire took about six months to arrive on PC.
- Max Payne 3 launched just two weeks after console versions in 2012, but then it's fair to say this was historically considered a PC series.
- GTA 5 arrived 17 months after the PS3/Xbox 360 versions, and five months after the more comparable Xbox One and PS4 versions. It was originally meant to launch about three months earlier, however, in January 2015, and was originally announced alongside the 2014 console versions at E3 2014.