DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Toronto

The Natural

Not long to go for the fourth NXT TakeOver this year. We've had them in the USA, London and now Canada for the first time.

Advance spoiler warning. Be careful. Hope I haven't spoilt anything you didn't know about. I'm sorry if I have.

NXT Championship. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe

NXT Women's Championship. Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James.

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Final 2016.

Hope I enjoy the NXT Championship rematch between Shinsuke Nakamura and Samoa Joe more than the original at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II.

I never expected Mickie James back in the WWE challenging Asuka for her NXT Women's Championship. Legit surprise. Looking forward to this match. Who knows, we might get past WWE women going for the NXT Women's Championship. An intriguing match.

• Like 1

I think based off both guys being local enough because Canada that there will be fan chanting to the point that it'll be one of those "Half the board hates the crowd, half the board hates the people who hate the crowd for hating a crowd" matches.

I'll be one of those people chanting and I'll regret nothing unless a "We Are Awesome!" chant breaks out in which I will hang my head in shame.

• 2 weeks later...

This Takeover is looking looking really disappointing to me right now, considering the amount of talent they have and the amount of time they had to build up to this show.

Sure, they had to scrap Aries vs. Itami, but still... Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger is a Takeover-worthy match? Those are the finals they are going with for the Dusty Classic?

I hope they add some more matches, but so far this isn't looking good.

Well at least Aries/Itami is because both guys are crippled.

And they are moving Dillinger up - at least he is in a feud this time as opposed to "guy the feed to newcomer"

EDIT - also I think folks are getting spoiled. I mean it wasn't too long ago that Bull Dempsey was getting squashed on Takeover cards

I mean the last show had Aries/No Way Jose - to me that is the same as Roode/Dillinger

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Clearly they are setting up a Tag Title match (assuming Revival is healthy to defend) - that's 5 matches

Normally there is no more than 6

I guess so. But I guess all the build-up would have to happen in backstage segments. From what I've read on the spoilers, they haven't done much to build up to that match.

If they added Roderick Strong vs. Kota Ibushi as a replacement for Aries vs. Itami everything else wouldn't matter by the way. The rest of the show could be a 90-minute Elias Samson vs. Dan Matha Iron Man mach and I would still be cool with it.

Just now, nofuture said:

I'd expect they'd have Morgan/Aaliyah vs the Aussies on the NXT weekly show taping before Takeover main card.  Has Ember Moon been hurt?  She's been used pretty sparsely since the last Takeover.

She is working the house shows (she teamed with Asuka or wrestled against her most of the time)

I re-upped my Network just for this show (I mean getting two other PPVs was a plus too), so I guess my level of excitement is slightly higher than others. But I am always willing to pay the low price of $9.99 to watch Asuka in HD wrestling in a big match. The fact she is against one of my favorites from the last era of WWE women's wrestling is just an added bonus.

Per NXT Facebook -

Spoiler

Ellering is going to be suspended over the ring in a shark cage for the Dusty classic finals. That's amazing.

Edited by Sublime
added spoiler incase anyone hasn't watched tonnights episode yet
  • Like 5