DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell VIII

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

That New Day record is going to feel really empty considering they've dropped every major feud this year - League of Nations, Wyatts, Club etc

The day they tie the record, Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow better come limping out in their facepaint and give Xavier the Decapitation after a ref bump to "save" their record and give the belts to Anderson/Gallows or whoever.

• Like 4

I'm between Gregg and BLR with the table spot at the beginning. My issue is more contextual. We see that announcer table bump so often with far less consequence that we're a little desensitized to it. In a vacuum it works. In context, not as much, because the symbolic meaning of the spot wasn't enough to warrant the consequence. It's not their fault, but it's the truth of the matter. On the other hand, on paper, I don't think the length of the stretcher job works, but in the moment, it did. I was grimacing a little at the length right until she popped up and hit the EMT and the pop was huge. In this case, if it worked for that crowd, it worked period and the length was just right. 

• Like 1

Another factor in the outcome of the main event: the show was in Boston. Never underestimate the importance of the hometown job.

Regardless, hopefully it means the end of the feud and a Sasha heel turn or least a character revamp. Her current act as Eddie Guerrero's posthumously adopted daughter is pretty cringeworthy.

That's fighting spirit 101.

Didn't know Demolition were part of the concussion lawsuit, but if WWE is so mad at them, why mention them by name every week? Seems like that would encourage people who don't know about them to google them and stumble into the concussion lawsuit story. I'm sure the answer is "It's Vince, don't ask."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Regardless, hopefully it means the end of the feud and a Sasha heel turn or least a character revamp. Her current act as Eddie Guerrero's posthumously adopted daughter is pretty cringeworthy.

I agree with the last sentence, but the first sentence can't happen until she's had a rematch; and of course, she and Charlotte will team at Survivor series, extending the feud until the PPV after that (at least). I mean, they could just finish it tonight, but... they're fighting Sisyphus's boulder at this point, not one another. 

People fantasy booking Bailey to the top of the women's division has become almost as funny as people thinking Joe is ever going to have any interaction with Lesnar. 

Im sure Charlotte and Bailey will feud by default of the merry go round of challengers but if you want these two on Mania or headlining the closest it will come is in 2k17. 

• Like 2

Of course - in typical WWE fashion, there are going to be like a dozen feuds teaming with each other on Survivor Series teams so all of them will lose meaning.

And the more I think about it - I have more a problem with Shane McMahon jumping off the top of the cage and getting back in the ring than with the opening Sasha/Charlotte stuff.

Granted the WWE wants you to treat every HIAC match like it takes place in its own alternate universe

7 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

That's fighting spirit 101.

Fighting spirit bullshit belongs in Japan not WWE. I miss the good ol' days when WWE had a developmental territory where guys like Danny Davis and Rip Rogers would teach the "you're not in Japan" lesson that apparently the HHH vanity promotion of NXT can't teach.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, goc said:

Imagine complaining about Roman's selling on a night where this happened

nzaLTOY.gif

So... Here's my thing.  Yeah, this sequence was ridiculous and all, but you could almost explain this as momentum carrying one spot into another.  (Yeah, I know you can't, but still.)  And the important thing... the crowd bought it and gave them a standing ovation. 

Compare that to the Chain-assisted Accolade.  You could HEAR the crowd groan when Roman started to power out of it.  And then after easily breaking out of Rusev's again CHAIN-ASSISTED finisher, he spears him for the finish. The crowd went meh and just died.  

• Like 3

People who cheer that stupid Owens/Rollins bullshit don't deserve to be made happy and I'm glad Sasha lost and wish every single one of them was left crying like that pic some creeper took of the little girl.

• Like 1

I was half-awake watching it, but didn't Rusev let go of the chain-assisted accolade and switch to a regular one right before Reigns powered out?

I think my biggest pet peeve with Reigns is when people hit him in the back or chest with a foreign object.  Dude has a flak jacket with a padding along the spine, what's a couple of chair shots going to do.  Why are you wasting time hitting him with a kendo stick in his padded chest protector?

• Like 1

Feel sorry for TJP, being on the business end of an angle Jose Feliciano could see coming. I think they need to milk this... like, have Kendrick's family outside TJP's house "in the snow," which is clearly soap flakes being shaken from a box over his window.

• Like 2