Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

2016-17 NHL - Period 1

Recommended Posts

Patrick o'sullivan:

Oilers players cancel CBA mandated day off tomorrow to practice because their coach is upset. Not surprising when your captain is 19 y/o.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone had told me that if was was going to stay up until 1230 am to watch a replay of the first game debacle for Canes, I would have just gone to bed.  This squad has some talent but they are young and they are fragile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamn Canes. Fucking Hurricanes. 

 

A LEAD ISN'T SOMETHING THAT YOU SIT ON AND IT HATCHES INTO A GODDAMNED PLAYOFF BIRTHS YOU FUCKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

 

I still can't believe Ronnie brought back the corpse of Cam Ward. If they wanted to pretend it's still 2006 they may as well found a way to acquire Ryan Miller from Vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sabremike said:

I still can't believe Ronnie brought back the corpse of Cam Ward. If they wanted to pretend it's still 2006 they may as well found a way to acquire Ryan Miller from Vancouver.

It's been the one shitty move he's made.  Lack isn't all that, but Ward's numbers suggest that he's an AHL-level goalie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heart Patrick Laine so much right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That finish is straight out of a movie script. Incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw the stupidest piece of clickbait on Yahoo on hockey. Some guy notes the Sens only got 10,000 for the game vs the Yotes and mocks the idea of more Canadian teams in the NHL. Never mind that the team is terrible, the owner is a human abortion who has driven fans away in droves, and the arena is 30 miles outside of Ottawa in literally the middle of fucking nowhere. I mean the RedBlacks have never failed to sell out a game in their history so Ottawa can certainly support a team. I'd be willing to wager Quebec City could support a team, along with another team in the GTA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win by the Hurricanes tonight. Got a little worried after Johnny Hockey's goal because I could feel the collapse happening again. Instead they hung in there, drew some penalties and the power play delivered in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sabremike said:

I just saw the stupidest piece of clickbait on Yahoo on hockey. Some guy notes the Sens only got 10,000 for the game vs the Yotes and mocks the idea of more Canadian teams in the NHL. Never mind that the team is terrible, the owner is a human abortion who has driven fans away in droves, and the arena is 30 miles outside of Ottawa in literally the middle of fucking nowhere. I mean the RedBlacks have never failed to sell out a game in their history so Ottawa can certainly support a team. I'd be willing to wager Quebec City could support a team, along with another team in the GTA.

Yes but theres a certain arrogance from fans/media that teams in Canada cant fail.  Ottawa has almost failed a couple of times.  When they were selling out it didnt matter that the arena was out of town, meanwhile the Coyotes moved from downtown Phoenix to the burbs away from their fanbase now the talk is of moving them again the other way to Tempe.  Plus they have had shitty ownership and a bunch of shitty hockey, and the fact that Phoenix wasn't even the first choice of where they wanted the relocated Winnioeg Jets to play but thats different.  Besides most of the people in Ottawa work for the government and they like freebies.  Doesnt matter what the RedBlacks are doing considering the Renegades and Rough Riders folded.  helps now that the CFL TV deal covers all the payroll.  If another team was to go into Canada it would be the GTA but the power of MLSE will never let that happen and municipal greed kept the Mario Lemieux Penguins from moving to Hamilton. Quebec City maybe one day but they will always be in a dangerous situation if the currency craters again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bet a second GTA team doesnt happen until MLSE splits up and whoever doesnt still own the Leafs will own the new team. But i dont think that happens until there is a new TV deal in 8 or 9 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about those league-leading undefeated Vancouver Canucks?!

Just thought I'd post that before the whole thing falls apart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you missed it the other night , Jimmy Howard flat STOLE a game for the Wings at MSG. Faced a ton of breakaways , including a 2-on-0 where both guys got shots and stood tall . Seriously just an amazing performance . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note: no 48 hour blackouts for national games on the NHL TV app anymore . Yay! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton was blocked by both the Sabres and Leafs. Of course everyone just blamed us and ignored the Leafs' role in blocking it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Hamilton was blocked by both the Sabres and Leafs. Of course everyone just blamed us and ignored the Leafs' role in blocking it.

The Penguins had a buyer, Michael Cohl and Bill Ballard.  Bill asked his Dad if they could move them to Hamilton and he agreed in exchange for upgrades to the football stadium since he owned the TiCats at that time and $1.  Hamilton agreed but then demanded too much of a revenue cut from the potential hockey team and the sale died.  Buffalo was never considered at that time during the John Ziegler era.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

The Penguins had a buyer, Michael Cohl and Bill Ballard.  Bill asked his Dad if they could move them to Hamilton and he agreed in exchange for upgrades to the football stadium since he owned the TiCats at that time and $1.  Hamilton agreed but then demanded too much of a revenue cut from the potential hockey team and the sale died.  Buffalo was never considered at that time during the John Ziegler era.  

OK was unaware of that one. I know there have been many other attempts to get an NHL team and both the Leafs and Sabres have opposed them, and we are the ones everyone in the Hamilton area directs their ire at. The site of Copps Colosseum was actually chosen because it is more than 50 miles from both Toronto and Buffalo and thus out of their territories. That's why it's in such an awful location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whomever came up with the idea to put the portrait of the queen on the jumbotron at the outdoor game in Winnipeg deserves a bonus. Come on MTS Centre, BRING BACK LIZ!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old timers game was a lot of fun. It was in slow motion and everyone looked gassed by the 2nd, but it was still cool to see. 6-5 is the perfect score for an old Oilers/Jets game. Plus, Mike Eagles was always one of my under the radar favourites, so it was awesome they brought him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to see Zhamnov and Tkachuk out there too, no matter how fat he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ice surface at Barclays is an embarrassment at this point. Every game ends up as complete shit with both teams looking like they are from a rec league. This is all because the building was too cheap to put in metal cooling pipes for the rink. They could've done the work this summer by shutting the building down for a month but they didn't want to lose concert and event dates. The NHL should tell them in no uncertain terms to either get their shit together or the team goes (preferably back to the refurbished Colliseum). As for tonight if you are stupid enough to allow Shea Webber to get a wide open shot on a PK you deserve to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...