DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

Tough loss by the Hurricanes tonight, who led the Hans in just about every fancy stats category and still lost. I could be mad, but that's what happens when you play a team with one of the best goalies on the planet in net, the goalie can steal a game here and there. 

I feel better about our chances against Ottawa on Saturday. 

On 11/27/2016 at 6:31 PM, odessasteps said:

Florida future endeavors Gerard Gallant. 

He can come up to Detroit as an assistant or something. We'll always love the guy. 

I was like "the same Flyers Skate Zone where CZW runs shows?" and it is.  Makes sense that it's a rink, but I never actually thought about what "skate zone" meant.

https://www.nhl.com/news/eric-semborski-blackhawks-emergency-backup-goalie/c-284354006

Blackhawks scramble to find emergency backup goalie

PHILADELPHIA -- Eric Semborski was working at Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, New Jersey, on Saturday morning.

Two hours later he was sitting in the visitors locker room at Wells Fargo Center, getting dressed with the Chicago Blackhawks, his teammates for a day.

• Like 1

The Golden Knights had their trademark denied in the most US bureaucratic way ever

The United States Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday denied the Vegas Golden Knights' trademark request, citing a "likelihood of confusion" with the Golden Knights of The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18234450/vegas-golden-knights-trademark-request-denied-us-patent-office

Lundqvist is back....  so of course this happens to him:

I'd been wondering what a Double Major penalty looked like.  Now I know.    Gotta think he's earned a game or two off for that too. 

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Lundqvist is back....  so of course this happens to him:

I'd been wondering what a Double Major penalty looked like.  Now I know.    Gotta think he's earned a game or two off for that too. 

Shame on Henrik's teammates for watching him get blown up like that and doing nothing about it.