DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

Dan Bylsma should be lit on fire and thrown off Niagara Falls. Tim Murray too. How in God's name did he get a 5 year extension? It's like something out of the Charles Wang Islanders where Mike Millbury had a job for life no matter how incompetent he was. Does Murray have pictures of Terry Pegulia sodomizing livestock or something?

1 hour ago, Freudian_Slap said:

Uh what is wrong with Dan Bylsma and Tim Murray besides Murray having no neck?

The fact they are both incompetent and have created a team that is as fun to watch as getting a root canal.

Two examples from today's Detroit/Florida game that illustrate why I hate NHL officiating . Both went against Detroit but there are plenty of examples where Detroit benefits . Anyway:

In front of the Detroit net, Mike Green of Detroit gets crosschecked four times, all seen by a ref 15 feet away. Green turns around and retaliated with one - and gets a penalty for it. 

Later, in a battle behind the Florida net, Darren Helm of Detroit gets checked from behind into the boards, busting open his lip on the boards. Seen by both refs, no call. 

I just don't get it. I understand officials miss stuff but I have no patience for plays that are seen and the refs just don't call it. I would love to one day sit down with a ref and watch a tape of one of his games and have him defend garbage like those two plays. 

23 hours ago, Tabe said:

Two examples from today's Detroit/Florida game that illustrate why I hate NHL officiating . Both went against Detroit but there are plenty of examples where Detroit benefits . Anyway:

In front of the Detroit net, Mike Green of Detroit gets crosschecked four times, all seen by a ref 15 feet away. Green turns around and retaliated with one - and gets a penalty for it. 

Later, in a battle behind the Florida net, Darren Helm of Detroit gets checked from behind into the boards, busting open his lip on the boards. Seen by both refs, no call. 

I just don't get it. I understand officials miss stuff but I have no patience for plays that are seen and the refs just don't call it. I would love to one day sit down with a ref and watch a tape of one of his games and have him defend garbage like those two plays. 

I'll take anything you say seriously the moment you point out Detroit instead of the other team. 

• Like 1

The NHL national game tonight is the one that will be played in front of 7,000 or so fans despite the Isles flooding the market with comps, not the game between two of the young players who will help carry the league for the next 20 years. Cause nobody would watch a game between Canadian teams amirite?

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Carey Price is ludicrously good.

On the other end, I'd be pretty fucking worried if I was a Dallas Stars fan because Niemi and Lethonen aren't ever going to magically be anything else.

So I take it you are Anti Niemi? (I'll get my coat).

• Like 2

People who come to NHL games and shout shit during the Canadian anthem (like "Canada suxzz!") when 90% of the home team are from there are a special type of brainless moron and are too stupid to live.

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I watched Kessler getting KTFO on loop for several minutes and I'm not even gonna pretend I'm sorry.

Glad I'm not the only one.