DVDVR Message Board

THE 2016 ALCS: TORONTO @ CLEVELAND

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Can't hit, can't win. Another great ride for Jays fans this year, and it will be interesting to see  who is back for next season.

Yep. I'm guessing they sign Encarnacion and let Bautista chase the money elsewhere. Are there any big bats at first base in free agency this winter? I'd look to sign a slugging first baseman and move Edwin back to DH. Carrera and Upton Jr. can platoon RF. 

How the starting rotation holds up next year is going to be interesting. I don't think you can bank on Happ and Estrada being quite this good. I'm thinking Stroman improves though.

So frustrating. It's not a great free agent market this year either. The only first basemen that stand out are Santana (who's just as bad as E3 playing 1B) and, to a much lesser extent, Napoli. 

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Yep. I'm guessing they sign Encarnacion and let Bautista chase the money elsewhere. Are there any big bats at first base in free agency this winter? I'd look to sign a slugging first baseman and move Edwin back to DH. Carrera and Upton Jr. can platoon RF. 

No. The FA market is dogshit this year.

Well...I guess Ryan Howard was an MVP...