DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/27/16

Probably taped out of order.

Updated

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing October 27, 2016 from Orlando, FL

*Eli Drake & Aron Rex def. Ethan Carter III & Jessie Godderz after Rex used a weapon.

*In-ring segment with Robbie E & Grado. Grado wants to be a BroMan for Halloween so he comes out wearing their tights and sunglasses. They dance to the BroMans theme until the lights go out and they get attacked by three masked men known as the Death Crew Council.

*DJ Z, Mandrews, & Braxton Sutter def. Rockstar Spud & Decay

*Lashley & Eddie Edwards have a contract signing for their world title rematch next week. Lashley admitted he underestimated Eddie but says it won't happen again. Eddie gets under his skin so Lashley flips the table but the contract states there can be no physical contact between them.

*Laurel Van Ness def. Allie

*Cody & Brandi Rhodes def. Mike Bennett & Maria via double submissions

The masked guys were supposedly James Storm, Bram and Eddie Kingston

So much for that NXT tryout.

(Though to be totally fair by the time they are revealed who knows who they will be)

Also, like I said on the fire breathin' Twittah machine, only in TNA would a World championship match be used to build up to an intergender tag team match.  

It doesn't matter who owns the company if the booking remains stupid.  On the bright side, more fodder for the LOLTNA page.

5 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

In terms of awful TNA faction names, Death Crew Council is better than Voodoo Kin Mafia, but I can't decide if it's better or worse than Beat Down Klan.

I honestly loved Beat Down Klan so I'd say the new name is worse than that.

• Like 1

The difference is that Chikara had fans who would drive to a Circle K parking lot to look for clues.  I have trouble imagining TNA fans doing the same thing.

Of course, that might not be a bad thing.  I thought the who Chikara dealie was hella odd.

That mixed tag was pretty bad. Brandi has no business being in the ring. She's worse than Dana Brooke. I have no idea what she was going for with the finish submission. Looked like a body lock.

I enjoyed the EC3 tag. Aron is much better as a heel.

Hardy stuff was ok with Jeff's new character being the best and the Fat Hardy gag.

• Like 1

House Hardy Halloween was fantastic. Matt giving the kids green beans instead of candy was hilarious. Treat or Delete!

Very enjoyable EC3/Godderz vs Rex/Drake tag that got a good amount of time. I'm liking Godderz slowly getting more of a push a lot.

Lashley/Edwards contract signing was great stuff as Lashley always kills it in these promo segments. Looking forward to their SuperFight rematch.

Team X Gold tag was very short. Agreed that the main event wasn't great with Brandi looking super green on the finishing stretch. Always enjoy Cody though, an eventual Cody/Lashley match should be real solid. Good fun show.

Brandi at this point in time shouldn't be wrestling.  She barely trained and needs more time.  But I wouldn't rule her out after she gets more training, she just shouldn't have done much last night though.  It also hit me just how much they look like stars together.  Them leaving was the best thing for Cody by far.  The new look and the pairing make them stand out.  If they ever decide to go back to WWE pair them up and keep it like this.  I'm pretty sure they'd far a lot better next time around.

Rest of the show was pretty good.  Allie did a good job as the underdog showing she won't back down.  It was a waste of Decay in that X Gold match.  There was no reason why they'd go from the Great War to being in a random 6-man.  The contract signing was pretty good, though I couldn't help but think we might not even see it next week if the injunction is filed.  For that matter through a lot of the show I was thinking that and it was kind of sad.  There's so much great talent and I'm hoping they end up somewhere better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

That mixed tag was pretty bad. Brandi has no business being in the ring. She's worse than Dana Brooke. I have no idea what she was going for with the finish submission. Looked like a body lock.

I enjoyed the EC3 tag. Aron is much better as a heel.

Hardy stuff was ok with Jeff's new character being the best and the Fat Hardy gag.

Nitpick: Itchweeed isn't new. He's an old character from their Hardy Show videos.

It's kind of odd that on one show you'd have a very experienced female wrestler pretending to be an untrained rookie in her first match (facing someone who's, what, less than a year into her career?), and an untrained rookie in her first match pretending to be an experienced female wrestler.

The opening tag was really good, but the finish... if Aron Rex is doing the loaded punch gimmick, he should have knuckledusters stashed somewhere. Just rings under tape seems like it wouldn't be an instant KO. I've seen people punched by a guy with sovereign rings on (on the power fingers, not the easy break fingers) and not gone down from it. Plus the ref should be checking guys before matches (especially for the type of matches the Grand Championship is supposed to have) and would find the loaded tape easily.

• Like 1