DVDVR Message Board

Raw is You Making the List - 10/3/2016

Dolfan in NYC

Attagirl Sasha. It was a little funny she torqued Charlotte so hard back she literally couldn't tap.

And the teases... JeriKO exploding(!) and Bayley turning(!?!)  

This show was odd. 

• Like 1

They need to ban Sasha from trying any out of the ring dives. She it not nearly athletic enough to pull them off, and usually looks like she's going to seriously injure herself.

Pretty good show. Would have liked to see Jeri-KO win their match. Seems too early to bust up the "best friends".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

There are constant talks of what the women can't do that men can't, but I always point out that Submission wrestling always tends to be better with women, and that finish is a prime example why. Women are much more bendy (that's a pro term) and can make a move like the Bank Statement look like god damned death.

Nowhere+to+Run+4.png

For the second week Owens and Jericho are far and away the funniest guys there.  New Day's act has been stale for a while but they were actually amusing tonight.

Why not just wait until tonight to have Sasha win the title instead of her winning and losing it back within a few days?  Or was that an audible due to her possible serious health issues?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dewar said:

They need to ban Sasha from trying any out of the ring dives. She it not nearly athletic enough to pull them off, and usually looks like she's going to seriously injure herself.

This isn't really true.  Sasha did those spots all the time in NXT.  It just so happens that on RAW for whatever reason she isn't hitting them as cleanly of late.

So are we getting Sasha and Nia Jax?

I was thinking maybe that was the plan before Sasha was injured.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

This isn't really true.  Sasha did those spots all the time in NXT.  It just so happens that on RAW for whatever reason she isn't hitting them as cleanly of late.

Well she is fucking them up whenever she does them on the main roster, and those are dangerous spots to be fucking up on a regular basis.

Because they botch a lot? Even the match tonight had that terrible spot were Charlotte couldn't catch Sasha and ended up just throwing her back in the ring on what I believe was supposed to be a Back Suplex. 

Also, I thought Charlotte was pretty blah in NXT, and think most of her work there never really held up to Sasha, Becky, and Bayley.

Just now, Dewar said:

Well she is fucking them up whenever she does them on the main roster, and those are dangerous spots to be fucking up on a regular basis.

There's one constant and it's Charlotte not catching her.  Sasha didn't have those same issues with Becky or Bayley.  Sasha did a beautiful Mysterio like dive at NXT Brooklyn right on top of Bayley.

Is Chris Jericho really about to become the top babyface in the WWE in the year twenty fucking sixteen? 

I can't really believe what I'm seeing, but the crowd was white hot when he teased challenging Owens for the title. I'm getting some Batista turns on Evolution vibes here.

• Like 4

I could not have had a shittier/more stressful past few days. This has been the worst few days of my life. I'm not kidding. All I really wanted tonight was something that could take my mind off the real world for a bit. They did that and it was great.

The WWE really did that for me tonight. I started watching right around the JeriKO/New Day stuff. That was A+ great wrestling nonsense. I thought the New Day may have ran its course for a while but they were great with Jeri-Ko. I think they really need fun opponents to make their shtick work, and Gallows/Anderson are good destroyers but really not good at the haha stuff. Jeri-KO and New Day played that segment masterfully well. And the match itself was really fun.

The main event was also spectacular. The video package and promos were golden. They really made the match have a main event feel to it. Like, way more than your usual match. I loved how they wrote Dana out of the match, since that has to be done. Sasha had the fantastic Eddie tribute in their first Raw classic, but you can't go back to that again. Instead it ties into the Bayley sub-plot with her lurking in the background and serves two purposes.

And the match itself had so many great callbacks and built so well of their past two matches. The "these two women know each other so well" thing was great. I loved how Sasha did the splash early and used it to slap Charlotte around a bit. And I love Charlotte deciding to heighten from the first match (and add on to her "genetically superior" thing) with that insane dive to the floor. And the end segment played off so well from how Charlotte beat Sasha at SummerSlam and ended the same was as their first Raw match. Plus they also have the "can anyone beat Charlotte at a PPV?" rematch story arc.

The Women's Revolution really did happen. Sasha and Charlotte just main evented Raw and had a MOTYC, with a rivalry based around ego and personal jealousies with a clear villain and hero. It took them some time to get here, but they did. And it's awesome to see. They haven't even come close to returning to degrading women's wrestling. It's so awesome to see and I'm fine with watching another bunch of Charlotte/Sasha matches.

The whole brand split has been great on both Raw and Smackdown. The feuds and stories are a lot more compact. I didn't see Rusev/Reigns tonight, but I get their motivations and why it built to a Hell In The Cell match. Charlotte and Sasha had a point to it. Jeri-Ko and New Day was great and Rollins coming in to burn the house down also works. Cesaro and Sheamus, too. Maybe not everything clicks, but it's organized. I like that.

• Like 5