DVDVR Message Board

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson II (10/8/2016) - Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Manchester Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC 204

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson II 
October 8, 2016
Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Manchester Arena)

UFC Middleweight Championship: Michael Bisping © (185) vs. Dan Henderson (184) (first defense) - Bisping, DEC (unanimous)
Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Gegard Mousasi (185) - Mousasi, TKO (punches), R2 (2:43)
Ovince St. Preux (205) vs. Jimi Manuwa (205) - Manuwa, KO (punch), R2 (2:38)
Stefan Struve (265) vs. Daniel Omielańczuk (239) - Struve, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:41)
Mirsad Bektić (144) vs. Russell Doane (145) - Bektić, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (4:22)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Iuri Alcântara (136) vs. Brad Pickett (136) - Alcântara, SUB (triangle choke), R1 (1:59)
Damian Stasiak (135) vs. Davey Grant (135) - Stasiak, SUB (armbar), R3 (3:56)
Leon Edwards (169) vs. Albert Tumenov (169) - Edwards, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (3:01)
Łukasz Sajewski (156) vs. Marc Diakiese (156) - Diakiese, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:40)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Danny Roberts (170) vs. Mike Perry (170) - Perry, KO (punches), R3 (4:40)
Leonardo Santos (156) vs. Adriano Martins (155) - Santos, DEC (split)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Iuri Alcântara
Performance of the Night: Jimi Manuwa
Fight of the Night: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

Attendance: 16,000
Gate: $1.96 million
Buyrate: 290,000

Cancelled Fights:
Stefan Struve vs. Ruslan Magomedov - Injury to Magomedov (Staph Infection)
Mirsad Bektic vs. Arnold Allen - Injury to Allen
Reza Madadi vs. Marc Diakiese - Injury to Madadi (Eye)
Mirsad Bektic vs. Jeremy Kennedy - Injury to Kennedy
Ian Entwistle vs. Rob Font - Entwistle Removed Due to lllness

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Mirsad Bektic vs. TBA

Cancelled Fights:
Mirsad Bektic vs. Arnold Allen - Injury to Allen
Mirsad Bektic vs. Jeremy Kennedy - Injury to Kennedy

for a bit of LOL, Sherdog still lists the Arnold Allen fight. UFC.com still lists the Kennedy fight.

and only 4 fights on the main card? curious to see which fight gets the bump.

6 hours ago, twiztor said:

for a bit of LOL, Sherdog still lists the Arnold Allen fight. UFC.com still lists the Kennedy fight.

and only 4 fights on the main card? curious to see which fight gets the bump.

They found an opponent for Bektic, and it's Russell Doane. Looks like it's opening the PPV.

I knew this event was happening in October but was unsure about the date till I looked it up last week.

Michael Bisping comes home as the first British UFC Champion. Big deal as is the main card starting time to cater for the USA audience. We Brits are hardcore having to wake up at shitty times to watch WWE and UFC.  Bisping is looking to avenge THAT KO by Dan Henderson at UFC 100. Brutal.

Do you reckon Conor's jealous that Manchester City Council was willing to do for Bisping what Dublin City Council wasn't willing to do for him? I mean, obviously the (not MEN* anymore) Arena is Ricky Hatton's stadium and so they've done the American PPV hours thing many times before, but I thought McGregor really wanted to fight in his home city/ country again at some point.

Having said that, if Conor's that big a star in Ireland, maybe they should try to get a date on Old Trafford in the summer. It's very easy to get to there from Dublin... and it's in the middle of nowhere so the local neighbours won't be making noise complaints.

* Manchester Evening News. Or Manchester United Evening News if you've ever read a copy. Unbiased reporting my arse.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Do you reckon Conor's jealous that Manchester City Council was willing to do for Bisping what Dublin City Council wasn't willing to do for him? I mean, obviously the (not MEN* anymore) Arena is Ricky Hatton's stadium and so they've done the American PPV hours thing many times before, but I thought McGregor really wanted to fight in his home city/ country again at some point.

Having said that, if Conor's that big a star in Ireland, maybe they should try to get a date on Old Trafford in the summer. It's very easy to get to there from Dublin... and it's in the middle of nowhere so the local neighbours won't be making noise complaints.

* Manchester Evening News. Or Manchester United Evening News if you've ever read a copy. Unbiased reporting my arse.

I highly doubt it unless Bisping is getting a substantial amount of money from it. The circumstances behind this fight (the Bisping/Henderson rematch) is quite different from Conor's recent fights. This fight made the most sense to be in England, and the UFC was more than likely going back to the UK later in the year. Turns out they were able to work in a PPV in Manchester and a card in Belfast. All of McGregor's recent fights, despite potentially drawing huge in Ireland, were heading to the United States (Vegas specifically). The problems with the stadium in Dublin just expedited that process. I can see a fight where Conor is solely the draw (meaning it's like a Tony Ferguson or Khabib) heading to Dublin if they can ever work it out. However, it's going to be a stadium in Dublin and not Old Trafford if he ever does a stadium fight. I don't think the UFC would cocktease the Irish people like that even if there was a large Irish contingent. I could see the UFC hanging that out there to put pressure on Dublin like they did when they teased a show at AT&T Stadium to put pressure on the Vegas venues. Actually going through with it? Probably not.