DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (2016-2017) THREAD

RIPPA

Looking at Carter's spray chart, he sort of hits the ball everywhere, so don't count on an inflated pull hitter homerun total for him in Yankee Stadium.

Ehh.  People are overreacting to this because it's February and pitchers and catchers have not reported yet.

First, to be fair to the crazy idea - it's being tried out in rookie ball where pitchers tend to be on extreme pitch/innings limits.  And the runner on 2nd thing doesn't happen until the 11th inning - which means it will seldom happen.  They talked about this for Olympic baseball and international competition so it's not like MLB has pulled this out of their butt.

Honestly, I am OK with this as an option in rookie ball.  I would NOT be if it spread any higher than A ball.

But yes, to the speed up play initiative - start with making players actually stay in the box and make pitchers pitch within 12 seconds with no one on.  Those rules are in place already.  Enforce them.  Then you can look at other avenues.

The Marlins (allegedly) have a $1.6B handshake agreement

giphy.gif

"According to Forbes, the $1.6 billion handshake agreement is with a real estate developer based in New York. But the article went on to say that “the potential buyer is not liquid, meaning he does not have the cash to buy the Marlins because his net worth is tied up in real estate."

MAKE THE MARLINS GREAT AGAIN!!!

14 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Apparently MLB is trying a new rule that in extra innings teams will automatically get a runner at 2nd base in rookie ball, saying "nobody wants to see position players pitch"

MLB doesn't know anything about it's fanbase, apparently.

Why do you hate everyone's posts before Dolfan's?

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - that will work out real well

MY MONEY IS TOTALLY TIED UP BUT I HAVE IT!!!!

Just ask the Islanders how well that worked out

Like anyone would ask a hockey franchise about financial issues.  Unless you mean the tag team Islanders.  They were probably better ran than the hockey franchise.

But yes, anyone want to talk to, say, Mark Buehrle about how good a handshake deal with Loria is?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh my gosh. You know what...I wouldn't put this past him.

Florida Marlins: America's Team

Oh Jesus, I was joking thinking it's Stephen Ross, but then this...

Christ, it actually may be one of the Trumps.  

A lot of truths are said in jest

Per Trade Rumors

3:55pm: New York real estate executive Charles Kushner is involved with at least one group making a bid for the Marlins, according to the AP and ESPN.com’s Darren Rovell, though it’s not clear how prominent a role he has or whether his party is the one referenced in this morning’s report. Assuming he is a part of the leading bid group, Kushner could complicate matters for the league. Beyond the cash shortfall noted by Ozanian, Kushner has a troubling criminal history, as this Bloomberg story details. And then there’s the fact that his son, Jared, is married into the family of and serves as a senior adviser to president Donald Trump.