DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (2016-2017) THREAD

RIPPA

The last day of the regular season (well if the Tigers/Indians don't have to play a makeup tomorrow...) so I am starting this

Reports are that Robin Ventura is out as White Sox manager to be replaced by Rick Renteria

Also reports are that Walt Weiss will be fired as Rockies manager

20 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Have there been many guys that have managed both the Chicago's?

Apparently he would only be the 2nd. Johnny Evers is the only one who has done it so far

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 1:00 PM, RIPPA said:

Apparently he would only be the 2nd. Johnny Evers is the only one who has done it so far

I hope Tinkers and Chance were his base coaches.

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Barry Bonds will not be returning as Marlins hitting coach

Apparently he and Don Mattingly didn't exactly have the greatest relationship

Bonds can taunt him by showing him his HOF ring..... oh.

On this day in 1960 the New York Mets and Houston Colt 45's/Astros were born as the NL awarded those cities franchises. Ironically 26 years later they would both be involved in what I and many others feel is the greatest non WS game ever played: game 6 of the NLCS that went 16 innings.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:34 AM, Kuetsar said:

Ignore the empty quote. 

I read a fun book not too long ago about Branch Rickey's attempt to start a 3rd major league in the 50s and 60s. A large part of the reason the Mets and Astros exist was to keep the new league from existing. 

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

Ignore the empty quote. 

I read a fun book not too long ago about Branch Rickey's attempt to start a 3rd major league in the 50s and 60s. A large part of the reason the Mets and Astros exist was to keep the new league from existing. 

That sounds interesting.... title, please?

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

Ignore the empty quote. 

I always thought the Continental League was mostly a bluff to force the NL to return to NY. At least that's the version of history that was on the Mets 25th anniversary video. Would be interested in checking out this book.