DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

January 1981 (or a little earlier) Wonderful-Plex

Bg8Vxx.gif

Who is he working and where is this from? Dude looks like the lovechild of Dick Manitoba and Hosehead the Dog...

I'm almost certain it's Mid-South footage from the Irish McNeill Boys Club that they used to hype Orndorff on the way in. That's why I'm not sure if it's January 81 or earlier. I forget the name of his opponent but I can grab it later. We can probably track down the exact taping with that.

I love Hennig he was my first favorite wrestler but man that turnbuckle bump is ridiculous and people shit on Michaels selling in the Summerslam match sure his selling had a bit of snark to it but it wasn't any more business exposing or silly as that.

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is how you take over on offense:

VmJmmX.gif

Nowadays, a heel gets a random forearm or kick, sorta tosses the face to the outside who then lays on the ground while Michael Cole says, "Can (insert face name here) get back into? As Raw rolls on..." Fade to commercial.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Harley Race was the master of the headbutt to the stomach to take control

But Matt will never give him credit for that ;)

The difference is that Arn followed up with a second piece of stomach based offense to really earn it given the fact he was just eating damage from a shine from the obviously stronger Luger.

sL4s0QY.gif

Maybe I am just slow to the take, but I am reviewing this event and wanted to take a closer look at this 'once in a lifetime because no one else is this dumb' move. Once I slowed it down, I can understand why Kyoko wasn't injured as she literally sat on Haruyama. Even though on paper it was a footstomp, her feet just barely grazed Haruyama's arm and didn't take any of the impact. Haruyama broke a rib or two, which again is clear as to why from the replay. I don't know if she intentionally only brushed Haruyama with her feet assuming that would hurt everyone less, or it was hard to gauge from that height, but someone sitting on your stomach from 20 feet up is definitely going to leave a mark.