DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, goc said:

Download gifcam then you don't have to rely on someone else making your gifs. You just lay the program over whatever you're watching, hit record, stop & save.

Consider this a thank you:

photo Lou Albano_zpsmahgog8l.gif

• Like 1

To be fair - that would be my Achilles heel too

Of course it would also mean Thetis was dunking me in the River Styx by my junk which would be weird

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

is that what a casket match used to look like? I thought it was a gimmick dreamed up for Taker

Not dreamed up for Taker, they definitely ran at least one in Houston as seen in the gifs. If I had to guess it was probably Bruce Prichard's idea to give the gimmick to Taker. I actually thought having it in the ring and just trying to knock your open into it worked a lot better than the WWE style casket match. It's a lot easier to tease going in that way.

9 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Gino is probably the biggest tragedy of WCCW - I'd not seen or heard of him before watching the WWE documentary and then going to look up some of his matches. He'd have been the top man in WCW I bet

He looks even better in the Houston stuff from the late 70s-like 82 than he does in WCCW. I'm assuming that's because it was before he got really hardcore into drugs.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Gino is probably the biggest tragedy of WCCW - I'd not seen or heard of him before watching the WWE documentary and then going to look up some of his matches. He'd have been the top man in WCW I bet

He was my first favorite wrestler.  All my friends were about the Von Erichs, but Gino was my man.

• Like 2