DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/game-of-thrones-rome-actress/

Indira Varma joins the cast this season as Ellaria Sand.  Shame she's near wasted on a short roll as that.  Would've saved her for Tanda Merryweather.

Looks like they are going for Medditerrianean for the Dornish.  Too bad even if he was alive, Ricardo Monteban would be too old for Doran.  He would've rocked.

More I'm thinking, they're gonna be switching a lot of stuff this season.  Everything at the Wall is all different and such.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/game-of-thrones-rome-actress/

Indira Varma joins the cast this season as Ellaria Sand.  Shame she's near wasted on a short roll as that.  Would've saved her for Tanda Merryweather.

Looks like they are going for Medditerrianean for the Dornish.  Too bad even if he was alive, Ricardo Monteban would be too old for Doran.  He would've rocked.

More I'm thinking, they're gonna be switching a lot of stuff this season.  Everything at the Wall is all different and such.

Good casting, I've always liked her as an actress.  This season is basically the Tipping Point where they have to move away from the war with the north and towards the politics of the south.  They have to introduce a lot of new characters and places in the next two seasons and proper casting is probably more important now than ever. 

It very well could, depending on how deeply they want to go into Oberyn as a character.  It is made pretty apparent in the books that Oberyn and Ellaria like to get it in so to speak.  She is getting a little older though, and it's been a while since I've seen her in anything that required nudity, so while I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up nude, but it isn't necessarily a given.

Well, she's been in Rome, Basic Instinct 2, and her debut was in "Kama Sutra", so its not outside the realm of possibility.  Last thing I saw her in though was in Luther, and she's a litter older.

From what we know about Oberyn I have a feeling HBO is gonna use him to get freaky. He is a character ripe for some nonbook scenes.

Some good castings so far but still some big ones. I can't wait to see how the Greyjoy casting plays out. How many brothers do we get?

From what we know about Oberyn I have a feeling HBO is gonna use him to get freaky. He is a character ripe for some nonbook scenes.Some good castings so far but still some big ones. I can't wait to see how the Greyjoy casting plays out. How many brothers do we get?

I hope that we get a more fleshed out Oberyn, he is a great character that is the introduction of the whole Dornish culture.  They're going to have to make the Dornish into legit threats to the Iron Throne going forward and Oberyn is a great place to start. Some of my favorite parts of the show is when they flesh out parts of the story that the book left pretty vague.  The book makes us realize that Robert and Cersei's marriage is disfunctional, but the scene of the two of them discussing their marriage does so much more to make us realize how fucked up it really is.  They can use Oberyn to explain all of events that happened after the sack of King's Landing, simultaneously making him a more interesting character, and The Mountain a more interesting villian.

I think we will get Euron, Victarian, and Aeron with Aeron getting the short end of the character stick.  Euron and Victarion seem to be intergral to the rest of the series and nixing one of them could mess up a lot of future storylines.

We got to get Euron, so at least we can see if he really does kill Balon, or if Balon really just had a rope snap on the bridge.(which should open the season permier)  

Oberyn establishing Dornish culture would help in setting up not only the Sand Snakes, but how Ariane was able to fuck a member of the Kingsguard into basically handing over Myrcella.  

I think the Dornish arrival and the conversation between Tyrion and Oberyn should be very, very early in the season 4 premiere. I have high, high hopes for the Oberyn stuff. His fight with Gregor is one of the moments in the series.

I think the Sand Snakes will be nixed or barely mentioned.

Yeah, probably not, since their "imprisonment" is what directly led to Ariane trying to pull off the "Let's declare Mycella Queen of the Iron Throne" plan.

Wait, nobody thinks Jaqen H'Ghar killed Balon Greyjoy? I thought everyone thought that.I'm not that bothered about the Sand Snakes because they've not really done much so far - I mean, they might be important later, but they aren't yet. You could say the same thing about casting Jeyne Poole in season one, and look what the show did there.

The only way H'Ghar killed Balon is if Euron bought a name from the Faceless Men while he was in Braavos.  Otherwise he has no reason.  

I'd imagine we'd see the same girl that played Jeyne back when they do the "Arya" switch, since she's a major factor in busting Theon out down the line.

Hiring a faceless man to kill his brother does sound like the sort of thing Crow's Eye would do, though, isn't it? Plus the whole 'arriving on Pyke the day after his brother the King dies in a random accident' does sound like a bit too much good luck to be a happy accident.

They didn't have a Jeyne in season One. Unless you're listening to the director's commentary... and even then, they recast Beric from being a first season extra when it was time for him to have dialogue.

I now like my ephinany of Mark Gatniss' role.  He's not going to play Mace or Doran.

He'll be the High Septon, which will be glorious three seasons from now when he does the "Oh, here's Kettleblack, and didn't he have some interesting things to say once we started flaying him." line to Cercei.

That is a pretty sweet casting.  He has the perfect righteous indignation face.  I suprised we haven't seen more new cast members, I thought filming started this month.  Once again they get the casting 100% right, and that just makes me want to see more of the new cast.