DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

I have no idea if that's true, but god damn I need either season six or book six all fucking ready.

It certainly doesn't help matters that the title, The Winds Of Winter, implies that the plot point I've been anticipating most is finally going to come in the next book, too.

I don't buy it. I feel like R+L=J has been known for so long that the fan base is just desperate to add to it or prove its wrong.

Meera Reed is a fairly minor character, a plot device to help Bran reach his goal. Having her "replace" Jon Snow as some online have suggested would really feel like it's coming out of left field.

She also looks like a Crannogman, with the slight build and short stature. Martin has made family resemblance a huge deal in the books so I would expect Meera to have a more Stark or Targaryen look if this were true.

• 4 weeks later...

GRRM on his not-a-blog did his thank yous for the Emmy win. He listed a bunch of actors who'd been in the show but their characters died, and completely missed Kit Harington... in fact he said Kit was away and working, like Emilia, Dame Diana, Natalie, Kristian and Finn. At least some (possibly all) of whom are presumably filming GOT now.

He did mention Stephen Dillane as one of the former actors though, so I guess Stannis really is dead. In the show.

Did GRRM mentioned The Hound since people on this board really want him to still be alive?

I typed in so many goddamm names on his list and the Hound was not one of the names. He mentioned far less memorable characters so good chances the Hound is alive. He also did not mention the actress who plays Myrcella so she may not be dead on the boat yet.