DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

Filming for season 4 is underway. One little thing Tommen has been recast and aged up a little. I guess that makes sense though it could make his story going forward change a little.

That town in Croatia where they shoot is beautiful.

Nah.  One thing they seemed to have done was age all the kids (except Sansa) up 2 years or so anyway, so upping Tommen a bit makes sense given that he's marrying Magery by mid-season.  

They said on deadline that the secret role is one that has been recast, so I think we are looking at the new Damphair or the new Coldhands/Benjen.

You think Coldhands is Benjen?  I thought it was said that he was killed "long ago" by leaf, who is over 200 years old.  Benjen went missing maybe two years prior, would that be a long time for someone that old? 

He doesn't seem right for Damphair to me, he just doesn't look old and/or wise enough to play the moral center of their entire culture. 

They said on deadline that the secret role is one that has been recast, so I think we are looking at the new Damphair or the new Coldhands/Benjen.

Allegedly, it's Daario Naharis.

The Mountain has been recast again.  This time it is a 6'9" 419lbs. behemoth named Hafþór "Thor" Björnsson.  He is too young, and has no acting experience, but he looks like he could crush a man's head with his bare hands. 

Posted Image

The Mountain has been recast again.  This time it is a 6'9" 419lbs. behemoth named Hafþór "Thor" Björnsson.  He is too young, and has no acting experience, but he looks like he could crush a man's head with his bare hands. 

Posted Image

And that's all he has to do this season, really.  Actually, quite litteraly.

I always pictured Damphair as Richard E Grant, with a beard. Only Grant is obviously too old now...

I always pictured Joffrey as Macauley Culkin. His lips look like two worms fucking.

Also, I don't care what the show says, I pronounce it Py-Chell.

I always pictured Damphair as Richard E Grant, with a beard. Only Grant is obviously too old now...

I always picture him as an even more disheveled Charles Manson type, but they really need to find a role to shoehorn Richard E Grant into the series.

I always pictured Joffrey as Macauley Culkin. His lips look like two worms fucking.

Also, I don't care what the show says, I pronounce it Py-Chell.

The guy with the mouth that looks like two worms fucking is the Bolton's Bastard.

Well, considering what Tycho does with Stannis, along with how fucking stupid Cersei was between the Iron Bank and the Citadel, yeah, I can see the Bank being what makes it so Stannis and the Targeryans can wrap up The Others up north then sweep back south to reclaim the Throne.

• 3 months later...