DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I see. I just didn't expect him to pop up on tv so soon considering how recently he would have started training.

Last year, they had some opening round matches on the house show circuit and just showed clips. My guess is that's where Wang and Heavy Machinery fit in. 

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reports are that Sara Lee (the Tough Enough winner) has been released from her contract.

To follow up on this - Sara Lee announced on her Facebook page that she is pregnant with Wesley Blake's baby (She is due March 2017)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Take this for what it is worth but this is everyone the WWE is advertising for the show

http://www.wwe.com/nxt-live-33

I think - THINK - Sombra is advertised for the Florida loop so you might be getting boned there

EDIT - Yeah Almas is the main person advertised for Florida that same day. HOWEVER - Blake is advertised in both places so that is why I said take everything with a grain of salt

PotentiallyNo Almas and No Revival is depressing. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will now say that this will allow me to keep straight which one Alexa Bliss is dating

Really, you have a hard time remembering who Alexa Bliss is dating?  As soon as Buddy Murphy comes on my television, my penis sends a signal to my brain that alerts me to the presence of my mortal enemy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To follow up on this - Sara Lee announced on her Facebook page that she is pregnant with Wesley Blake's baby (She is due March 2017)

This will lead to a fantastic episode of "Which one's Murphy? Which one's Blake?" on Maury.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peck said:

This will lead to a fantastic episode of "Which one's Murphy? Which one's Blake?" on Maury.

Aren't Titan Towers and the Maury Show studio both in Stamford, CT? There's definite crossover potential here, especially if Mark Henry wants DNA proof that he's the father of Mae Young's...you know.

• Like 1

In regards to Aries partner - spoiler that might not end up being a spoiler

Spoiler

Per PWI

The expectation based on those we've spoken to is that former Ring of Honor World champion Roderick Strong will be Aries' partner. Strong is believed to have signed with WWE and has been spotted at the WWW Performance Center. He and Aries were a tag team in both of Ring of Honor and TNA in the past, so there is a lot of history there.

Wasn't Alexa dating Wesley Blake?  He's the blonde one and I thought it was them as a couple.  Now I'm reading that Sara has his baby and I'm confused.  Is it possible she's with Murphy who doesn't have the blond hair?

I'm really, really hoping to see Revival on there and will be super bummed if they're not on the show.  But considering who's going to be there I can only complain so much.

As for Saturday's show, anybody up for meeting up either at the show or a place nearby?  I mentioned it in August about possibly JD's Smokehouse which has BBQ and a great beer selection.  Maybe whoever wants to meet up can pregame there.

Dusty Classic Teams are now

• Revival
  • DIY
  • AoP
  • TM61
  • Ibushi/Itami
  • Roode/Dillinger
  • Almas/Alexander
  • Sabotelli/Moss
  • Bollywood Boyz
  • Heavy Machinery (Knight/Bogojevic)
  • Lun/Wang
  • Jose/Swann
  • Ali/Dorado
  • Aries/???

Leaves two more teams to announce and Aries partner to reveal.

I am assuming the last two teams are tomorrow and the bracket is Wednesday since the WWE website says that will be revealed "before the tournament starts" and that is this week's NXT show

15 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Wasn't Alexa dating Wesley Blake?  He's the blonde one and I thought it was them as a couple.  Now I'm reading that Sara has his baby and I'm confused.  Is it possible she's with Murphy who doesn't have the blond hair?

I'm really, really hoping to see Revival on there and will be super bummed if they're not on the show.  But considering who's going to be there I can only complain so much.

As for Saturday's show, anybody up for meeting up either at the show or a place nearby?  I mentioned it in August about possibly JD's Smokehouse which has BBQ and a great beer selection.  Maybe whoever wants to meet up can pregame there.

I'm going to be fighting a tight margin to get there. Doors open pretty early for some reason but I don't think I'm making it there before 7:00-7:15 for a 7:30 start.

BTW if there's interest in a meetup I'll create a new thread so it doesn't go too off the rails here.

Regarding the spoiler for Austin's tag partner, this greatly excites me and I can't wait to see the crowd flip out over it (assuming it's him of course)

I am still on the fence about Saturday. It will probably be a last second call.

Since I am the only person in the family who doesn't get Monday off - I am not sure about blowing a decent chunk of my weekend in fake Baltimore

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dusty Classic Teams are now

• Revival
  • DIY
  • AoP
  • TM61
  • Ibushi/Itami
  • Roode/Dillinger
  • Almas/Alexander
  • Sabotelli/Moss
  • Bollywood Boyz
  • Heavy Machinery (Knight/Bogojevic)
  • Lun/Wang
  • Jose/Swann
  • Ali/Dorado
  • Aries/???

Leaves two more teams to announce and Aries partner to reveal.

I am assuming the last two teams are tomorrow and the bracket is Wednesday since the WWE website says that will be revealed "before the tournament starts" and that is this week's NXT show

Spoiler

Well, Wolfe and Fulton are obviously one team. The other could be Blake & Murphy.