DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

This news saddens me as Stardom fan. I kind of figured Io would come eventually. I would have signed her before Kana (she was my  no. 2 pick) if I was WWE. Kairi was more of 50/50 chance and still seems to be. I hope she stays in Stardom for now. It would be nice to see her in the ace role for a little while.

Now I see why you are so mad. To be fair, these are two of the five people I would had WWE signed.

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

Now I see why you are so mad. To be fair, these are two of the five people I would had WWE signed.

I'm more disappointed over it than mad. I enjoy WWE so I want to see them come over to some extent. I just also enjoy Stardom and it would not be the same w/o them. Who are the other three you would sign?

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I would start yelling to get them to sign Meiko too but they already pushed their limits of who they sign age wise with Asuka

Wouldn't be surprised if Meiko worked the women's tournament similar to Liger working the first Brooklyn Takeover or even showing up at the Osaka show to challenge Asuka there.

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm more disappointed over it than mad. I enjoy WWE so I want to see them come over to some extent. I just also enjoy Stardom and it would not be the same w/o them. Who are the other three you would sign?

I'll separate from active roster and people who retired.

Meiko Satomura. I think Asuka needs a counterpoint because I really can't see anyone that would keep her from running roughshod in NXT or the WWE. I don't think she is in Stardom or maybe she was a part timer

Mayu Iwatani. Io Shirai is a high flyer. Kair Hojo is kind of the stylish one. Iwatani is vicious head dropping maniac and unlike Io, she can sell that well.

Kyoko Kimura

Retired

Mio Shirai(I think WWE can get her to un-retire. I know she has neck issues, but with enough time, she could join her sisters in crime Kana/Asuka and Io and be like the Japanese Mean Girls except of being snooty and pretentious, they beat the shit out of people).

Yuhi(I know she is retired, but this little girl is way too talented and gifted to just call it quits)

Meiko is runs Sendai Girls. You should check more of her work out. She and Io had an amazing match back in July. Kyoko Kimura is actually a freelancer and is retiring in January. I thought Yuhi was overrated. She was talented but got frustrated way too easily. She would occasionally get mad at other rookies over fuck ups that were her own fault. All interesting choices regardless.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Meiko is runs Sendai Girls. You should check more of her work out. She and Io had an amazing match back in July. Kyoko Kimura is actually a freelancer and is retiring in January. I thought Yuhi was overrated. She was talented but got frustrated way too easily. She would occasionally get mad at other rookies over fuck ups that were her own fault. All interesting choices regardless.

I'll check out more of Meiko's stuff as I have a passing knowledge of her career and her matches with Io and Hojo were the main reasons I was like sign this woman WWE.

I can see Yuhi having that problem because she was like 17 in her career, but no matter the culture people that age who are that talented are going to be immature if not arrogant e.g, Paige. It is just when I first saw Yuhi, I could not believe that she was retiring.

Kyoko Kimura and, by extension, Meiko are the exact reasons I resent the WWE 2002-2008 era. Ruthless Agression era was great for overshadowed workers like Rey Mysterio and Edge,  but it should have been the time WWE should have been looking to other avenues that were untapped instead of focusing on homegrown developed talent. The Rock was leaving the WWE, Stone Cold could not wrestle anymore, Trish and Lita were on their way out, and we all know what happened to Benoit and Eddie. People were getting sick of the typical and looked elsewhere and WWE remained completely stubborn in their ways at the near detriment of their company. For every Batista, John Cena, and Randy Orton, there were 20 shitty Nathan Jones and Renee Duprees. The fact that an entire style of wrestling that is internationally popular like Joshi did not get any representation in the West until Asuka is just pure incompetence. Meiko should have been picked up ages ago along with Asuka, and people like Kyoko would not have been retiring just as WWE made the transition. Wrestlers like Yuhi would not be retiring thinking there is no future for them in wrestling. 

Meiko humorlessly beating up the likes of Summer Rae and Natayla in a WWE ring would be surreal.

Meiko smiling on Total Divas and discussing Paige's marriage to Alberto Del Copyright Infringement would probably convince me we really are in Bizarro Land.  At which point I would take up drinking heavily.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Kyoko Kimura and, by extension, Meiko are the exact reasons I resent the WWE 2002-2008 era. Ruthless Agression era was great for overshadowed workers like Rey Mysterio and Edge,  but it should have been the time WWE should have been looking to other avenues that were untapped instead of focusing on homegrown developed talent. The Rock was leaving the WWE, Stone Cold could not wrestle anymore, Trish and Lita were on their way out, and we all know what happened to Benoit and Eddie. People were getting sick of the typical and looked elsewhere and WWE remained completely stubborn in their ways at the near detriment of their company. For every Batista, John Cena, and Randy Orton, there were 20 shitty Nathan Jones and Renee Duprees. The fact that an entire style of wrestling that is internationally popular like Joshi did not get any representation in the West until Asuka is just pure incompetence. Meiko should have been picked up ages ago along with Asuka, and people like Kyoko would not have been retiring just as WWE made the transition. Wrestlers like Yuhi would not be retiring thinking there is no future for them in wrestling. 

WWE had joshi wrestlers in the 80s & 90s. Bull Nakano was WWF Women's champ. Meiko and various other joshi talent wrestled for WCW as part of working agreements with joshi promotions. Akira Hokuto was WCW Women's champ. It had representation before Asuka. Not sure how popular joshi wrestling was outside of Japan. Also not sure the interest has been strong from the Japanese women's side until recent years where.

39 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Meiko humorlessly beating up the likes of Summer Rae and Natayla in a WWE ring would be surreal.

Meiko smiling on Total Divas and discussing Paige's marriage to Alberto Del Copyright Infringement would probably convince me we really are in Bizarro Land.  At which point I would take up drinking heavily.

I see it now. Meiko gets mad and dropkicks Eva Marie full on in the face after saying, "You're taking the piss!"

Seconds later, a caption reads "Sara Lee ran away that night."

• Like 2

Per Meltzer - it appears the NXT house show tonight will actually be a TV taping.

It makes sense since the next scheduled Full Sail taping isnt till Nov 30 and they have like 3 more weeks to fill before Takeover

Only clips will be taped. They did the Dusty semi-finals tonight.

Spoiler

TM61 beat Sanity in a pissbreak match.
The Authors of Pain beat DIY

Fun as hell show. Here's the rest of the card I could remember off the top of my head.

Spoiler

Roderick Strong beat No Way Jose with a sick kick. Lotsa PWG chants for Roddy. Some chants for Drake Younger/Wuertz throughout the night.
Daria Benerato beat Mandi Rose. Okayish. Both were green as hell.
Tye Dillinger beat Buddy Murphy. Tye was HUGELY over to the point that any refcount the rest of the night, the crowd chanted "TEN!"
Asuka & Ember Moon beat Peyton Royce & Billie Kay
Bobby Roode beat Kota Ibushi
Shinsuke Nakamura pinned Eric Young (subbing for Austin Aries) in a three way with Samoa Joe.

So the hotel the guys are staying at is on fire... well technically the airport shuttle right outside the building.

Joe has been tweeting and Bobby Roode said he was on said shuttle about two minutes before it caught on fire

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic