DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 2:04 PM, (BP) said:

Askua's opponent is supposedly the backup after Trish disvovered she was pregnant. 

There's no way they would've jobber out Trish in her hometown, would they? Unless they wanted to make Asuka a huge heel, because there's no way the crowd at the ACC would boo Trish.

Wants a last hurrah? Wants a big payday? Wants to have a great match with WWE's best wrestler to show that she could've hung in the "revolution" era? Who knows?

If the goal is to get over Asuka as an unstoppable badass, bringing back a top woman from a previous era and having her get taken down makes perfect sense, and allows NXT time to build up Ember Moon or the Australian Mean Girls as viable contenders.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Wants a last hurrah? Wants a big payday? Wants to have a great match with WWE's best wrestler to show that she could've hung in the "revolution" era? Who knows?

How many times has a a half of famer/ part timer come in and actually put over an up and coming act? I assume you've just started watching WWE in the last month or so...

This came out yesterday so I will just mention it. One would figure it is shortly going to be "ex-WWE developmental wrestler"

On Thursday, WWE announced they are indefinitely suspending NXT developmental talent Terrance Jean-Jacques following his arrest this past Sunday in Haverill, MA, on charges of assault and battery, kidnapping, witness intimidation, destruction of property, and threatening to commit a crime.

The alleged victim is his pregnant girlfriend, Jillian Gilman.

WWE released the following statement to F4WOnline.com:

“We have zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Terrance Jean-Jacques has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.”

The 24-year-old Jean-Jacques was signed by WWE in April after a decorated run in amateur wrestling at Rhode Island College and the University of Iowa.

During the proceedings, a judge denied a request from Jean-Jacques' mother to release him into her and his father's custody as he's scheduled for surgery this week. Jean-Jacques is currently being held without bail and is expected to be in court Tuesday for a dangerousness hearing.

Led by Stephanie McMahon, WWE changed their domestic violence policy in the fall of 2014.

At tonight's house show in Lakeland, they had the main event of Asuka vs Ember Moon. Ember won a battle royal at the start of the show. Not surprisingly, it was a good match apparently. The show also featured Brennan Williams who is the former NFL guy that trained with Booker T losing to Lince Dorado and Tye Dillinger beating Austin Aries. Eric Young made his first NXT Florida house show appearance as far as I know. The card looks way better than the one ROH is running in Lakeland in a couple weeks. No Bull Dempsey at least.

On 10/16/2016 at 6:48 PM, Infinit said:

How many times has a a half of famer/ part timer come in and actually put over an up and coming act? I assume you've just started watching WWE in the last month or so...

Is Chris Jericho losing clean to Fandango the last case of such?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ligerbusa said:

Dude. Taynara. 

Yeah, I'm hoping she goes pretty far in this.  On top of the obvious reasons her Judo background could add an interesting twist to her moveset.  Hoping she gets a chance to showcase that in a worked setting.

And Rippa's on point with this being the best class they've had.  Really curious to see how they all fare.