DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

If I recall, they actually stripped him of the US title... before Nash as commissioner gave it right back to him.

Yeah you're right. Just looked it up. Nash gave it back to him and then he (Jarrett) got the Harris Brothers to help him defend it. I also remember Sid beating Jarrett for the title like 3 or 4 times in a week or so but it kept getting held up b/c they were handicap matches and Sid pinned one of the Harris Brothers instead of Jarrett or some nonsense like that. IIRC, the cage match where Sid finally won the title was literally billed as Sid vs. Jeff Jarrett and The Harris Brother That Sid Did Not Pin.

More fun from the NWO Black and Silver, that was around the same time Bret got kicked by Goldberg so he had the concussion from Starrcade. He ends up facing Terry Funk on Thunder in a Hardcore match and gets blasted over the head with a trash can and gets another concussion on top of the Goldberg one. Bret in his book was like "okay, I shouldn't be wrestling, but Russo and them were all Bro...you'll be fine".

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

"Bro...you'll be fine, bro... bro".

FTFY.

It's Halloween in 2 1/2 weeks:

TNA-Decay-1000x600.png

Have they ever actually addressed why Crazzy Steve draws a St George's Cross on his face? Is he secretly an Anglophile? Is he descended from Georgians (the ex-Soviet one, not the Atlanta one)? Or...wait, where's he from? Montreal? It seems the Montreal Coat of Arms is also a St George's Cross (because even French Canadians love England) with some extra thingys in the white bits. Maybe that's why.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

More fun from the NWO Black and Silver, that was around the same time Bret got kicked by Goldberg so he had the concussion from Starrcade. He ends up facing Terry Funk on Thunder in a Hardcore match and gets blasted over the head with a trash can and gets another concussion on top of the Goldberg one. Bret in his book was like "okay, I shouldn't be wrestling, but Russo and them were all Bro...you'll be fine".

Was that the same show where Bret told Russo that he wasn't a stunt man and then they had him jump in his car and almost kill himself speeding away from Sid?

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

FTFY.

It's Halloween in 2 1/2 weeks:

TNA-Decay-1000x600.png

Have they ever actually addressed why Crazzy Steve draws a St George's Cross on his face? Is he secretly an Anglophile? Is he descended from Georgians (the ex-Soviet one, not the Atlanta one)? Or...wait, where's he from? Montreal? It seems the Montreal Coat of Arms is also a St George's Cross (because even French Canadians love England) with some extra thingys in the white bits. Maybe that's why.

I assumed it was a reference to the Crossed comic books.

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Was that the same show where Bret told Russo that he wasn't a stunt man and then they had him jump in his car and almost kill himself speeding away from Sid?

I think they wanted him to drive a monster truck over Sid, or something dumb.

• Like 1

I remember the monster truck thing but there was also another show where Bret said they told him to get in a car and speed off. It was icy and he said he almost lost control of the car when it hit some ice and would've run into a production truck but luckily, he was able to right it and get out of the garage area. He said something like, "I'd told them I wasn't a stuntman yet here I was doing some dumbass stunt. And what would've happened if I died? People would go, 'what a moron, his brother died doing some stupid stunt and he was too dumb to avoid the same fate.'" I just couldn't remember if that was before or after the Goldberg concussion though.

Just pulled up Bret's book on my Kindle. The car thing was after the concussion but before the monster truck. Same show as when Goldberg nearly severed his arm. Bret's quote was, "There I was with a concussion, barreling head on towards a huge tv production truck! I thought of Owen in that instant. What would the world think if I got killed plowing my car into a tv truck for some stupid stunt? People would say, 'You'd think Owen's stupid brother would know better than that!'"

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wrestling would have been so much better off without Vince Russo. Calling him a cancer would be putting it nicely. 

But just imagine how the last 12 years or so could have been with out Dixie Carter.

Anyway more oldschool rasslin from this day in history

1981 in Louisville (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

CuqYhecWAAElaxk.jpg

I thought Robert's brother Rick Gibson retired way before 1981 due to injury. Dundee vs. Jimmy Hart must have been fun.

And in 1979

CuqVOd4XYAIbnIN.jpg

MAN, That is is an AMAZING Gary Hart promo pic. I want to believe he had that as an painting in his den above his fireplace.

• Like 4