DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hillary from Fresh Prince was ridiculously hot in that

Lol, I remember exactly three things about that movie:

1) Karyn Parsons really was nuclear hot in that movie,

2) One of the Wayans brothers starred in the film

3) the plot had something to do with a military guy teaching kids... something.

Edit: Holy crap;.  I googled Karyn Parsons so I could get her name spelled right.  She turned 50 last week... and she's barely older than I am.

I am old.  If anyone needs me, I'll be over in the corner creaking.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I think so. That, or during one of the other two matches that night against Tito and George Steele. 

With WCW, I literally have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

At least we got a Double A spinebuster out of it. 

Without the obvious answer being, "WCW." Why was Jarrett facing those three in one night again?

Terry Funk was commissioner and leader of The Old Age Outlaws (yuk yuk), and he was feuding with Jarrett's NWO. 

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Jarrett was in charge of the nWo?! Jesus christ, late WCW is a blackhole in my mind

Nobody was in charge of NWO Silver: it was Bret, Jarrett, Steiner, and...? Nash and Hall, maybe? They were all equal, or some shit. I'm also sure of it. Every time a new NWO emerged I would roll my eyes and change the channel.

EDIT. FROM WIKIPEDIA:

"NWO 2000"

In late December, 1999 Nash, Hall, Jeff Jarrett and Bret Hart reformed the nWo, this time with the colors black and silver. Jeff Jarrett was often accompanied by the nWo girls including Midajah and Tylene Buck. Hall, Nash and Jarrett interfered on Hart's behalf in his match with Goldberg, causing Hart to win the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Championship. After Goldberg accidentally injured himself breaking the nWo's limousine windshield, Sid Vicious, Chris Benoit and Terry Funk were left to feud with the nWo. Scott Steiner returned and rejoined the group after attacking Vicious. He later would be accompanied by Midajah to the ring. The Harris Brothers acted as the nWo's bodyguards before joining the group themselves. As nWo members, The Harris brothers would become WCW Tag Team Champions twice. Hart was forced to vacate the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and went on hiatus from WCW in mid January due to an injury suffered in a match with Goldberg at WCW Starrcade 1999. At the following pay-per view Souled Out, Nash defeated Funk to become WCW commissioner, but his reign was cut short after he suffered a broken ankle and had to withdraw from WCW for a while. Jarrett won a title shot facing new WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sid Vicious at SuperBrawl 2000. However, Jarrett also feuded with fellow nWo member Scott Hall after Hall attempted to defeat Vicious and win the title himself. The match at Superbrawl was changed to a triple threat match between Hall, Jarrett and Vicious. Vicious won the match and Hall left WCW for good. Jarrett faced Vicious for the title again at Uncensored but lost. With the return of Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo in April, the nWo completely dismantled and Jarrett, Steiner and the Harris brothers joined The New Blood while the returning Nash joined The Millionaire's Club.

The best part about the whole deal is that they had Jarrett actually lose all three matches. Plus he got a concussion and couldn't work Souled Out which, if Russo had his way, would've given us a Tank Abbott title reign and Terry Funk setting the ring on fire with his flaming branding iron.

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Wasn't that the match that gave Jarrett a bad concussion?

Yep. He was supposed to work against Benoit at Souled Out but called them before they taped Thunder that week and said he was suffering from a concussion.

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Yep. He was supposed to work against Benoit at Souled Out but called them before they taped Thunder that week and said he was suffering from a concussion.

If I recall, they actually stripped him of the US title... before Nash as commissioner gave it right back to him.