DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Old rasslin card from Kansas, KS on this date in 1978. Who no sold more? Brody or Bruiser? Also would you ever see a show with three guys with the same character name on it in this day and age?

.CuBnHXxWgAAmeKY.jpg

Also on this date in Lexington, KY. Spoilered for size. How the hell did Lou Thesz find himself working these southern cards?

Spoiler

CuBjfTYXgAAE88d.jpg

• Like 1

1. There was a funny story about the Bruisers getting into a backstage fight over money in the Wrestling at the Chase book. Dick (who was notoriously cheap) later came up and handed Brody a check and everything was copacetic. I wonder if this card is what that was over?

2. Jarrett was probably just lying about Thesz

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

2. Jarrett was probably just lying about Thesz

I don't think he was. There was a thread over at WC with a picture of a cheque made out to Lou from the late 70's, and he wasn't getting much money. I believe he lost a bunch of money when he got divorced.

I'm not going to link to WC from my work computer for fear of the spambot, but they have a topic with a September 18, 1978 Memphis card that Lou was working.

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Old rasslin card from Kansas, KS on this date in 1978. Who no sold more? Brody or Bruiser? Also would you ever see a show with three guys with the same character name on it in this day and age?

.CuBnHXxWgAAmeKY.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CuBjfTYXgAAE88d.jpg

It's precisely because both Dick and Sweetan were already plying their trade in St. Louis that Brody was renamed "King Kong" Brody here.

2 hours ago, Peck said:

No Brazzers logo yet?  You all disappoint me.

3 minutes ago, Skeeball Wizard said:

For the Pillman/Santa picture? 

Given some of the stories you heard about Pillman, that wouldn't be completely inappropriate.

• Like 3

Holy crap, I knew Dynamite was in rough shape but I didn't know it was that rough.  At 57 years old he's way too young to be in a nursing home, yet with all the damage he took not sure I'm surprised about that.

Though the things he was known for are generally perpetrated by people with a serious divot in human decency, it's still a shame that at that age, he's stuck in a nursing home/hospice environment. I'll say this, I hope he gets well, and doesn't turn into a pilled up zombie, for his and his poor wife's sake. 

• Like 1