DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm still pissed they didn't get Goldberg for that Sting/HHH match. Goldberg, DDP, and Flair saving him would've made more sense than the NWO. Maybe Nash and Hall on their own in the red and black (even though Hall wasn't in it, the pickings are slim. Savage died, Luger is in rough shape, Konnan probably wouldn't have worked) but if you're gonna rehash shit from 1997-1998 do it right and have Hogan and Sting at odds.

I loved all of the run-ins for Hunter/Sting. It's one of the greatest absurd, stupid spectacles they've ever put on from beginning to end. 

Like, it fucking starts with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator and ends with Sting giving the respect handshake to someone who just tried to murder him with a sledgehammer. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I think Vince should put Undertaker over Goldberg so he can finally prove that  WWE is better than WCW.  

I like this idea a bajillion times more than real MMA fighter and 100% certified bad ass vs old, wannabe tough guy, still acting like age isn't a factor. Plus your idea is new and gimmick guys tend to do better at gimmick matches so it would be a fun 10-15 minutes where they can pull out all sorts of fun wackiness. 

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm still pissed they didn't get Goldberg for that Sting/HHH match. Goldberg, DDP, and Flair saving him would've made more sense than the NWO.

They should have had Goldberg, DDP, and Flair come out and save Sting, only Flair can't help himself and cheapshots Sting to give HHH the win.  Five stars.

• Like 4

I used to be the biggest Goldberg fan in 1998, but even so I don't really want to see 50+ Bill Goldberg wrestle anyone. I guess best case scenario is you keep him quarantined with Brock, but other than that I'd want KO or AJ or someone to beat Goldberg cleanly and decisively and we know that isn't happening.

27 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

If Goldberg does come back, I hope it is in front of a smartass crowd that starts chanting Ryback at him.

Or "Feed Me More" in time with his entrance music.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Having heard Goldberg say he'd want to win if he comes back, I can see the Brock match happening just to stoke his faux-tough guy ego. I hope he doesn't come back, he's an absolute tit (go listen to the Austin podcast for how much of an egotist he is)

An egotistical wrestler who only works when he's not doing the job?  You don't say.  Hope word doesn't make it to the locker rooms.  It'd be terrible if that became a trend.

I liked Goldberg vs. DDP at Halloween Havoc and Goldberg vs. Sting on Nitro. Maybe the U.S. title match with Raven.  I was never a huge fan of the guy. He was handled pretty well in WWE. People forget that while yes he was cheated at the chamber match he did pretty much destroy all of Evolution by himself later on

I haven't kept up with the reality tv scene. Is Total Bellas replacing Total Divas, or is TD going to continue with/without the Bellas?

Also, outside of trainwreck value, Brock/Goldberg sounds about as interesting as Bray/Orton. Definitely a program where the only positive is that neither guy is allowed to contaminate the rest of the card.

17 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I haven't kept up with the reality tv scene. Is Total Bellas replacing Total Divas, or is TD going to continue with/without the Bellas?

New season of TD starting in November. I would expect decreased Bella presence there, though who knows.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He was handled pretty well in WWE.

How much drugs have you done in your life? The WWE erased, ran over, and shit on everything Goldberg did. They turned a megastar into just another guy. I'm not a Goldberg fan, but whatever magic he had died completely thanks to the WWE. That bit with the wig....ugh.

• Like 1