Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Recommended Posts

 

Between this and Rhyno being not only back on WWE TV but holding a title, this has been one of the low-key best years in wrestling

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume that Norton is doing the Haku role from last year's Tokyo Dome. Which is cool, it probably means more to him because he wasn't happy when New Japan stopped using him before. This may give him some closure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best things about WCW Worldwide was the way Dusty would mark out for jobbers on commentary.  I really wish he was still around to do commentary during some of the James Ellsworth business.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

One of the best things about WCW Worldwide was the way Dusty would mark out for jobbers on commentary.  I really wish he was still around to do commentary during some of the James Ellsworth business.

"Any man with two fistisis...is halfway to doin' some clubberin'!"

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda surprised this Action Ortiz fella hasn't been picked up by WWE as a NXT jobber.  He's the perfect guy to get his brains beat in by The Authors of Pain while Corey Graves makes Vince-mandated fat jokes about him.

And they can bring him up to the main roster to give James Ellsworth his first clean pinfall victory over someone.

Vince: "Look at those man boobs flop all over the place.  God Dammit, Renallo, why the fuck aren't you emphasizing his man boobs on commentary??!!??"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

As long as Norton isn't the time bomb that they have been talking about.

You just jinxed it.

The Tokyo Dome is going to end with the main event being turned into a Triple Threat Match and Michael Elgin eating a power bomb to give Norton his third IWGP belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

The Tokyo Dome is going to end with the main event being turned into a Triple Threat Match and Michael Elgin eating a power bomb to give Norton his third IWGP belt.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

 

Between this and Rhyno being not only back on WWE TV but holding a title, this has been one of the low-key best years in wrestling

Counter-point
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony could probably answer 1,001 WCW questions just by using those 2 tweets over and over.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how thin skinned Tony is - I'm sure he blocked them for asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Considering how thin skinned Tony is - I'm sure he blocked them for asking

For a second, i thought this was about Kornheiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your non Hell in tne Cell alternative, the CMLL sunday Dia de Muertos show is on youtube starting at 7 ET.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend's WWE network subscription ran out, so I can't see the shows anymore I guess until that is handled. You know what I'm going to do? I'm just not going to see the shows anymore. Sadly am just over my 10 year wrestling phase or so and the WWE Network just doesn't offer me enough to subscribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

My friend's WWE network subscription ran out, so I can't see the shows anymore I guess until that is handled. You know what I'm going to do? I'm just not going to see the shows anymore. Sadly am just over my 10 year wrestling phase or so and the WWE Network just doesn't offer me enough to subscribe.

NXT is enough for me to keep paying the $9.99. The CWC was definitely well worth it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

NXT is enough for me to keep paying the $9.99. The CWC was definitely well worth it. 

Same here.  Lately I've been hooked on Talking Smack, too.  And I barely watch Smackdown, but I just get a kick out of watching everyone improv.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

NXT is enough for me to keep paying the $9.99. The CWC was definitely well worth it. 

I'm just past that style unfortunately. Was cool 13 years ago, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything and those matches don't leave me wanting more, they want me wanting less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy posting on a wrestling messageboard to tell everyone he's not watching WWE anymore.

That gimmick hasn't been done before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Guy posting on a wrestling messageboard to tell everyone he's not watching WWE anymore.

That gimmick hasn't been done before.

Is that a gimmick? I've been doing that without knowing it.

(Unless going to an NXT house show counts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rzombie1988 said:

My friend's WWE network subscription ran out, so I can't see the shows anymore I guess until that is handled. You know what I'm going to do? I'm just not going to see the shows anymore. Sadly am just over my 10 year wrestling phase or so and the WWE Network just doesn't offer me enough to subscribe.

I'm sure WWE will be crushed when they hear that someone who was once leeching off a friend's subscription for free will now continue to not give them any money.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Guy posting on a wrestling messageboard to tell everyone he's not watching WWE anymore.

That gimmick hasn't been done before.

Please find where I said I'm not watching WWE anymore, because I don't recall seeing it. I do recall saying:

I'm just not going to see the(network) shows anymore. Sadly am just over my 10 year wrestling phase or so and the WWE Network just doesn't offer me enough to subscribe.

I think the most I've seen of a Raw or SD this year was when Dragon retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I'm sure WWE will be crushed when they hear that someone who was once leeching off a friend's subscription for free will now continue to not give them any money.  

I think it is a concern if your hardest of hardcore fans are losing interest. I'm pretty sure no one minus WWE wrestlers saw more WWE in 2013-2014 than I did. I didn't even stream nor download the show despite knowing where to find it.

I've always been on the side of "it's better people pirate it than not see it period", because at least people who saw the show talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

I think it is a concern if your hardest of hardcore fans are losing interest. I'm pretty sure no one minus WWE wrestlers saw more WWE in 2013-2014 than I did. I didn't even stream nor download the show despite knowing where to find it.

I've always been on the side of "it's better people pirate it than not see it period".

You weren't even spending your own money on said product, how much of a hardcore fan are you, in reality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...