DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, Casey said:

What was worse for the McMahon's finances, the XFL or Linda's failed Senate runs? The latter was almost $100mil - a quick Google search doesn't turn up how much they lost on the XFL, but I'm not trying that hard either.

I want to say the xfl losses were somewhere around $20-30 million. 

3 hours ago, turk128 said:

CFO$ channeling one hit wonders would be glorious.

Not like they ain't done it before.

Like, "Hey, let's tack 'Tarzan Boy' on the front of 'The Impression That I Get'...here's your theme Sami Zayn..."

BTW - per yesterday's WON update, Emma is on the Smackdown house shows to fill in for Becky Lynch but she is still slated for RAW

It's probably been brought up already, but I was replying to something on Reddit about Goldberg and it just dawned on me that Braun Strowman is about to get fed to Goldberg on RAW tonight most likely. I'm not a fan of Braun or the type of push he's been getting, but to waste it on Goldberg is kind of lame.

That was pretty much my first thought when he started asking for better competition. Nothing like building up the stars of tomorrow...

• Like 2

So basically, Strowman is Wrath, Goldberg is Nash, and Lesnar is Goldberg then?

• Like 9

12 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

With Vince's track record of being incredibly late with certain things that were a thing, he probably just heard this song and will probably wanna book them for 'Mania, to play her out to the ring and/or do a mini-set.

unmadegifofvinceeyerollingandfallingbackwardsinhischairwhilewatchingtheimtoosexymusicvideo.gif

Goddammit, you reminded me of this again. Now all will be punished

If you're going to make only one statement on an important subject, you should probably check for typos first. 

• Like 5

I've never met Ricky Knight but after his recent rants on Twitter...I kinda fucking hate the guy.

• Like 1

I am attempting to add a dorky element to my wrestling obsession by making a spreadsheet to track wrestlers progress to determine who is the greatest wrestler according to the point system in place. The following is what I have come up with and am looking for critiques and ideas and solidify my rules before i watch several shows and have to recalculate the results.

I am focusing on individual wrestlers and people (Kane/Isaac Yankem are one person) with submission victories and losses being weighed heavier than a pinfall. Considering only events on the WWE Network starting in 1993, though I will eventually go back to the beginning and add results to my spreadsheet. 

Point system:

Title Win:5
Submission:3 (4 in title match)
Pin:2 (3 in title match)
Winning Tag partner not involved in fall:1
Countout/DQ:1
Double Countout/DQ:0
Losing Tag partner not involved in fall:-1
Pinfall loss:-2
Submission loss:-3

10 hours ago, Casey said:

What was worse for the McMahon's finances, the XFL or Linda's failed Senate runs? The latter was almost $100mil - a quick Google search doesn't turn up how much they lost on the XFL, but I'm not trying that hard either.

Can't recoup anything on a failed campaign so XFL was clearly the wiser of the two failures and given it was a partnership, it was probably less damaging to the bottom line.

1 hour ago, Brisco said:

I am attempting to add a dorky element to my wrestling obsession by making a spreadsheet to track wrestlers progress to determine who is the greatest wrestler according to the point system in place. The following is what I have come up with and am looking for critiques and ideas and solidify my rules before i watch several shows and have to recalculate the results.

I am focusing on individual wrestlers and people (Kane/Isaac Yankem are one person) with submission victories and losses being weighed heavier than a pinfall. Considering only events on the WWE Network starting in 1993, though I will eventually go back to the beginning and add results to my spreadsheet. 

Point system:

Title Win:5
Submission:3 (4 in title match)
Pin:2 (3 in title match)
Winning Tag partner not involved in fall:1
Countout/DQ:1
Double Countout/DQ:0
Losing Tag partner not involved in fall:-1
Pinfall loss:-2
Submission loss:-3

Won't a pure points system put an undue emphasis on total longevity? 

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

I've never met Ricky Knight but after his recent rants on Twitter...I kinda fucking hate the guy.

Would you like to buy a personalised video message from him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Won't a pure points system put an undue emphasis on total longevity? 

This is possible, though I was hoping the negative points will negate some of this perceived advantage. We all know Cena and Hogan (possibly Triple H) will most likely be the winner, especially with the length of their title reigns.

I thought of adding a way that PPV wins and losses to weigh heavier than TV matches but have not found a way to factor this in.

18 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Jeff Jarret APPROVED!

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

My daughter is 4 now. Maybe I should buy one of him cursing out her prospective boyfriend and put it on ice it for 14 years. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Jeff Jarret APPROVED!

I want to give this a like, but the incorrect spelling of J-A-Double R-E-Double T killed it for me. :D

• Like 1

Shit.....I short changed him a T. Well, I just lost MY place in the GFW database...

• Like 1

So I just got hipped to World of Sport wrestling from across the pond and this stuff is awesome. Is there a collection available, maybe a legit source to watch it? Anything worth hunting down. They say Big Daddy was the man, but he's not doing much for me. Stuff like the Royals vs Saints and that Bearkat is gold imho.