DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

I guess my big problem with Apollo Crews is: Who the fuck is Apollo Crews? I get that he's a muscle guy who smiles a lot and does a back flip, but who is he? Why does he fight? What kind of person is he? Where is he from? Why should I care about Apollo Crews. The guy has a great story, living in Africa, toiling on the indies, but none of that has been communicated to me on TV. He's just wrestler man who wrestles and I don't care if he wins or loses.

They established much of that in NXT and it didn't help him get over there either.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

There was an issue at Hooters regarding schedules.

Maria wanted Paige to cover for her on Tuesday afternoon but Maria's papi did not return their son yet.  Maria covered for Paige last week and Paige told Maria that she would cover for her whenever she wanted.  Other waitresses at Hooters think Paige does not want to work Tuesday afternoon because tips are slow.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

I guess my big problem with Apollo Crews is: Who the fuck is Apollo Crews? I get that he's a muscle guy who smiles a lot and does a back flip, but who is he? Why does he fight? What kind of person is he? Where is he from? Why should I care about Apollo Crews. The guy has a great story, living in Africa, toiling on the indies, but none of that has been communicated to me on TV. He's just wrestler man who wrestles and I don't care if he wins or loses.

The problem is that really ties to the big reason Crews needed to be promoted immediately.

He had the in-ring ability to be good enough to wrestle- whether NXT or WWE, but at the end of the day- the guy just has no charisma. At all. They tried it on NXT, on the main roster...the guy just isn't very charismatic- and charisma is a "You either GOT IT or you DON'T" thing.

So, with that, throwing him on the midcard and letting him wrestle well is just easier than keeping him on NXT and hoping he suddenly gets charismatic.

BTW Meltzer said that there aren't much in the way of updates on Jamie Knoble

Apparently - he was stabbed through the spine and lung so he definitely isn't out of the woods yet