DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, alstein said:

The Rumble and Mania after Reigns won was really a turning point for me- I quit my subscription and no longer go out of my way for any WWE stuff- I'll watch a show if I feel like it, but that's pretty rare now.  

I enjoyed 2000 WCW more than 2015-2016 WWE.   I'll go out of my way to see LU, but that's it these days.

I've really never understood the correlation between "WWE sucks" and "I quit my network subscription because of it."  WWE sucking is more of a reason if anything for me to have a subscription.  So I can watch better stuff from another era. When shitty wrestling is on, I proceed to go find good stuff on the network.  Hell, there are nights I picked 1997 RAWs over the live ones that were airing.

And come on, you can watch almost ANY 1985-1989 NWA at 6:05 Saturday.  Or pull up a random ECW after getting home with a buzz at 2am Saturday night.  It's Tuesday night?  Maybe pull up TNT or Prime Time.  This belief that a month of a decent amount of WWE's library isn't worth what people pay for a lunch is completely asinine.  

Awaiting Matt D to remind us that there is an NWA on Demand network any moment now...

• Like 3

Yep, I can also find old World of Sport stuff, or things that I haven't seen before.  

Yes, the WWE library is worth it, but there are alternatives.   Plus I got 2 hours of non-WWE TV a week to watch if I want it, even if that is kinda meh right now.

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic