DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Why does every place I try and work for specifically not hire me, and then go on to do stuff that I'm even more qualified for than the positions I applied for.

Hang in there. A friend is in a similar position: he is very talented but has trouble finding a job at the moment and just looks on as they reveal projects which seem tailor suited to him. He works in IT designing... stuff. He confuses me when he speaks about it. 

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

They can go back and read all my posts where I said WWE was going to fuck all that shit up.

Check March Madness for me being totally right about Bayley since we're about 2-3 months from my female Eugene prophecy

I'm for this if it leads to Regal picking a fight with Mick Foley.

But Bayley can't do the Eugene as Hogan legdrop, that's Nia Jax's gimmick.

1 hour ago, TerjeRUN said:

Hang in there. A friend is in a similar position: he is very talented but has trouble finding a job at the moment and just looks on as they reveal projects which seem tailor suited to him. He works in IT designing... stuff. He confuses me when he speaks about it. 

Honestly, I don't think I want to work in wrestling anymore. WWE, from all accounts, sounds like an utter nightmare to work for, and they tend to swallow up competition so working "against" them just leads right back to them. The fans can be atrocious. The travel sucks. No home life - good luck on the relationship end. They can keep it. I'll stick to working in adult entertainment where there's a strict no kids or uneducated people allowed policy. I mean what good would a six figure job be if you never got to enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Haha 'Taker sitting courtside and eye-ballin' LeBron to set up a Wrestlemania match would be #1 and the best!

LeBron and Taker

vs

Wade and Kane

Well there's already a rumor that Big Show is going to face Shaq.

Lebron/Show vs. Taker/Shaq

Only problem is that Wrestlemania takes place near the end of the NBA regular season and there is no way the Cav's won't be in playoff contention and I don't think Lebron is the Rodman type to blow off practice and there's no way the NBA allows him to wrestle and potentially get injured before the playoffs. But him and Taker could wrestle at SummerSlam. Shit how great from an absurd stand point would it be if Takers last opponent was Lebron James. 

31 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Well there's already a rumor that Big Show is going to face Shaq.

Lebron/Show vs. Taker/Shaq

LeBron/Taker v Show/Shaq with the Shaq heel turn allowing LeBron to pin show and build to SummerSlam 1 v 1 match.

Just now, L_W_P said:

LeBron/Taker v Show/Shaq with the Shaq heel turn allowing LeBron to pin show and build to SummerSlam 1 v 1 match.

This is a match that would likely end after Lebron's entrance because none of the other three can make it down a steep ramp.

• Like 5

David Aldridge, you thought that it was something like out of a comic book, brother, but we're talking about real life! I was sitting in Parts Unknown waiting for the next spaceship to higher planes, and the lightning bolts came down from the sky, and the warriors spoke, and they said, 'make it to the Garden'. Well the Ultimate Warrior showed and, you, David Aldridge you gave the challenge, and the Ultimate Warrior and the little warriors with the painted faces rose to the challenge, and they conquered! I've taken all the little warriors through all the darkness and all the pain, and, Steve Kerr, if you want a piece of me, or anybody thinks they can take on all the warriors, I'm not hard to find. I'll be on the next spaceship to Parts Unknown

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

David Aldridge, you thought that it was something like out of a comic book, brother, but we're talking about real life! I was sitting in Parts Unknown waiting for the next spaceship to higher planes, and the lightning bolts came down from the sky, and the warriors spoke, and they said, 'make it to the Garden'. Well the Ultimate Warrior showed and, you, David Aldridge you gave the challenge, and the Ultimate Warrior and the little warriors with the painted faces rose to the challenge, and they conquered! I've taken all the little warriors through all the darkness and all the pain, and, Steve Kerr, if you want a piece of me, or anybody thinks they can take on all the warriors, I'm not hard to find. I'll be on the next spaceship to Parts Unknown

"*skronk*"