DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

34 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It'd be interesting to see how they get around the retirement stip. He gave The Undertaker his word dammit. Plus, if he can't beat The Undertaker then he HAS NO CAREER. 

By the time it'll take Undertaker to tape up his fists and haul his carcass across the Alamo Dome, the match will be over and Shawn will be back, spritzing deer piss everywhere in his tree stand somewhere in Montana.

I think he'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

But it's Shawn Michaels.

And? I like Michaels, but there aren't many matches I have a strong desire to see him in. Honestly I'm little surprised this is even a possibility as I thought he wanted to retire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

It would be a little sad if that ended up the RR's main event after Bryan just just gave Raw crap about in Goldberg during Talking Smack.

Member when Michaels superkicked Daniel Bryan and we thought that's a match that might actually happen?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

And? I like Michaels, but there aren't many matches I have a strong desire to see him in. Honestly I'm little surprised this is even a possibility as I thought he wanted to retire.

He's a Wrestler, he's not crippled, and he's not dead. So therefore he's got one good run left in him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

She is really not in a good place right now mentally or spiritually picking fights with the wrong people.  Mommy and daddy are trying to help but she is so messed up mentally she has no idea what is wrong or right.

There is a reason why SHE asked ADR to marry her.  

If she does not watch her step things will end very badly for her.  

I know you are reading this Paige.  Come at me again spiritually and it will be a huge mistake for you.

What the fuck did I just read?

• Like 10

Only takes one vignette to set this up. Filmed at the "Double Cross ranch." HBK sitting next to Terry Funk. Eagles tune playing. One of them says to the other, "No one ever really retires."

Ok, maybe you'd also have to shoot him "getting the blessings" from Taker and Flair, but it could work.

Of course, if you want HBK vs. AJ, you get Ziggler learning Sweet Chin Music from the master because Michaels says he still feels bad about that time he helped send the Squad back to OVW. And then you get a 30 minutes match that some people will give 4 1/2 stars, some people will give only 2 stars because of "spam finisher BS", and a some Bullet Club fans hoping HBK joins the Bucks at the next King of Trios.

8 minutes ago, zev said:

Only takes one vignette to set this up. Filmed at the "Double Cross ranch." HBK sitting next to Terry Funk. Eagles tune playing. One of them says to the other, "No one ever really retires."

Sadly, Funk sold the ranch years ago.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

What the fuck did I just read?

There are several possible interpretations, all of which nauseate me strangely...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Sadly, Funk sold the ranch years ago.

Who all claims to be from ranches anymore? I want to say Matt Houston from CWF Mid Atlantic. (At least, I think I heard that right when watching their Rumble.)