DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Way to keep it in your pants Buffalo

If Biff Sotherby comes out wearing a Sabres jersey, we'll know Goldberg is taking a spear into a metal plate. That would be awesome. That won't be happening, so I can go back to not needing or wanting to see Goldberg on my tv.

I knew the Bulgarian support crew would come along within minutes of my post. I just offer Putin's face on a flag or poster above the RAW ring to all of you believers in miracles.

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

Who could possibly be stupid enough to, knowing how it is viewed in Japanese culture, bring weed into Japan? The guy deserves to have his career wrecked just for being so incredibly stupid.

My friend told me how you can readily get hallucinogens (and other drugs that were illegal in the States) from the pharmacy when he lived in Japan when he was young. Things changed a hell lot since then.

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Maybe one positive coming out of all this is with Goldberg coming back, Reigns will try to find a new finish. Like maybe that black tiger bomb that we all think he should be using instead.

Reigns has a great spear that is a good finish, but fuck is that Black Tiger Bomb amazing damn near every time he uses it. It irks the crap out of me every time someone kicks out of it even though I know it isn't his finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I think u mean Emmalita

I think it's Emmalina. 

What is Emma's new character supposed to be anyway? All the vignettes show is she's insanely hot. We didn't need vignettes to figure that out. 

If Peyton Royce and Billie Kay were ready, I'd put them with Emma as the Australian Mean Girls, but they're not, so I wouldn't rush them to the main roster.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What is Emma's new character supposed to be anyway? All the vignettes show is she's insanely hot. We didn't need vignettes to figure that out.

Standard arrogant heel "I'm too good for everyone" archetype, probably.

17 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Of course, Emma ripping off Lita's gimmick would be entertaining, too.

Too late. Sasha Banks is already nearly breaking her neck on dives in every match. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It seems like its:

We've seen "women's wrestlers who got popular for being serious women's wrestlers" and be stars, and we see Dana Brooke or Eva Marie prove the most blue chip heel heat gimmick is "take these serious women's wrestlers, throw a Diva into the mix and watch everyone lose their minds"- which gets insane hatred, but can't translate into a good top heel.

So, Emmalina makes sense, because the happy medium for "Great Heel, who leads to great matches" would thus seem to be: "Take a woman who's respected by the fans as one of the serious women's wrestlers, who the fans love as a serious wrestler- and make them decide 'you know what? Thought about it- I'd rather be one of the 'models' than an actual women's wrestler" can give you a top heel who can ALSO be counted on for good matches..