DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, DTTW said:

God damn Sydal just screwed his career  if he can't wrestle in Japan.

I'm not sure he screwed his career.  Yeah, it'll suck for him if he is banned but there's plenty of other reputable places.  Plus, he could work ROH and still face New Japan wrestlers when they bring him in.

15 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He could pull a reverse McCartney after getting busted, and form a Wings cover band. 

Who am I kidding, he'll just get stoned and watch Wings. 

So you're saying he may have really (Farrah) Forked up his career.

It's not a bad idea to get him back into ring shape and also drive house show attendance. Remember when Rock was making his come back and had Curt Hawkins and Curtis Axel fly out to movie sets and work out with him, imagine if he had made the house shows instead, what would attendance have been like?

Who could possibly be stupid enough to, knowing how it is viewed in Japanese culture, bring weed into Japan? The guy deserves to have his career wrecked just for being so incredibly stupid.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is the Raw after HIAC, not a house show. Hopefully they don't feed him anyone important.

How important do you think Brawny Strawman is? Cause I'm guessing they're gonna feed him to him for sure. If he does more than one Raw I'd guess Titus would probably be a victim. It just better not be Rusev god damn it.

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

I'm not sure he screwed his career.  Yeah, it'll suck for him if he is banned but there's plenty of other reputable places.  Plus, he could work ROH and still face New Japan wrestlers when they bring him in.

WWE, (where he burned the bridge right?) is the top global company. Number 2 is I forget who in Japan. After that it's just a sliding scale down. If number one don't want him and he can't work in number 2, that's not exactly painting a pretty picture for a career.

Fair enough.  I was referring more to the idea that he won't be making money now that New Japan's off the table (and WWE)  I'm not saying he'll make nearly as much but with proper marketing of himself and working the right companies he'll still be relatively fine.  it's not doom and gloom like it used to be in previous years.

I'm not saying this as a Sydal apologist, that was very dumb for him to bring it to the airport.  I'm just trying to be a bit "Hey, it could be worse" about it that's all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DTTW said:

WWE, (where he burned the bridge right?) is the top global company. Number 2 is I forget who in Japan. After that it's just a sliding scale down. If number one don't want him and he can't work in number 2, that's not exactly painting a pretty picture for a career.

Would number 3 & 4 be bothered that much by his drug habits?

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Would number 3 & 4 be bothered that much by his drug habits?

I don't think Mexico gives a shit if people smoke what was once a top export from their country. 

One of my wrestling sources told me a few years ago that if you have even an ounce of talent Mexico will take you. They are desperately in need of talent...but the pay is terrible so no one stays.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It was Sydal that went to South Amercia and went all Terrence McKenn with the trippy drugd and then talk about it on Colt's pod, right? 

Yep, he went to Peru and had one helluva experience.  He said that when he came back he felt amazing and had Spiderman-like reflexes.  It was a helluva story and I think he told it on MVP's podcast too which had them freaking out.

14 minutes ago, DTTW said:

I don't think Mexico gives a shit if people smoke what was once a top export from their country. 

One of my wrestling sources told me a few years ago that if you have even an ounce of talent Mexico will take you. They are desperately in need of talent...but the pay is terrible so no one stays.

Matt Sydal working AAA with Jack Evans and Teddy Hart would be fun. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DTTW said:

I don't think Mexico gives a shit if people smoke what was once a top export from their country

One of my wrestling sources told me a few years ago that if you have even an ounce of talent Mexico will take you. They are desperately in need of talent...but the pay is terrible so no one stays.

rob-van-dam-fhdh-1335105458.jpg

• Like 4