DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm not making a judgement call on Paige, but I do like that part of the education they get at the Performance Center is basically just How To Handle Your Shit 101. I know if somebody had given me the right talking to in university I wouldn't have made half the terrible decisions I did. (I still would've made the other half cause young people are idiots.)

5 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I'm not making a judgement call on Paige, but I do like that part of the education they get at the Performance Center is basically just How To Handle Your Shit 101. I know if somebody had given me the right talking to in university I wouldn't have made half the terrible decisions I did. (I still would've made the other half cause young people are idiots.)

Well, it;s clear the Performance Center now has to start working its magic and working out all the bugs to make stars.

Why- if they do it right, we may even be numb to it next year when Charlotte, Sasha and Becky suddenly get released, or 2018 when Alexa, Nia, Carmella, and Bayley get released, or 2019 when Asuka gets released, or 2020 when Liv Morgan, Ember Moon, Billie Kay, and Peyton Royce get released, or 2021 when Nikki Cross and Mary Dobson get released, or 2022 when anyone from the Women's Classic who get brought on to NXT get released (not counting people pushed out of it- they'll be gone LONG before...)!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, it;s clear the Performance Center now has to start working its magic and working out all the bugs to make stars.

Why- if they do it right, we may even be numb to it next year when Charlotte, Sasha and Becky suddenly get released, or 2018 when Alexa, Nia, Carmella, and Bayley get released, or 2019 when Asuka gets released, or 2020 when Liv Morgan, Ember Moon, Billie Kay, and Peyton Royce get released, or 2021 when Nikki Cross and Mary Dobson get released, or 2022 when anyone from the Women's Classic who get brought on to NXT get released (not counting people pushed out of it- they'll be gone LONG before...)!

Man, who pissed in your cheerios? :)

• Like 2

On 10/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, The Nature Boy said:

I always wonder what would've happened to WCW if Turner had someone looking over Bischoff's budgets. I understand that he made profits in the short term but carrying that level of future obligations had to have triggered some kind of "wait a second" with SOMEONE in Turner. 

But anyway, Bret in 1998 WWF could have actually worked. Bret as a corporate champion trying to take down Stone Cold Steve Austin throughout the spring-summer leading into Vince betraying Bret in favor of Rock at Survivor Series 1998 is easy enough to book and doesn't deviate too far from what actually happened. Bret is the prototype of the kind of champion that the Mr. McMahon character would have wanted. I could also see Bret stepping aside for Foley to win the championship in January 1999 and just floating around in the mid card - upper mid card for much of 1999.

Of course, you have to figure out how to get the Mr. McMahon character launched without Montreal ever happening. 

Bret wouldn't have stood for the T&A aspect that the WWF was putting out there. I would think he would have called it a day in the WWF athe that point and maybe went over seas instead WCW.

13 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Bret wouldn't have stood for the T&A aspect that the WWF was putting out there. I would think he would have called it a day in the WWF athe that point and maybe went over seas instead WCW.

Bret wrestled on the same card as this match (I realize the quality is bad but its all I could find) so I don't think he was really that picky, I think that while he may not have gotten involved in the T&A stuff that doesn't mean he would quit just because he didn't like it. I think quite a few WWE wrestlers from that time period later said they didn't like it either but it was the way business was done and made the show popular.

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

He did a PowerSlam interview in 98 where he was asked if he missed the WWF. He said "I do miss it. But I don't miss it the way it is now, I miss it the way it was".

In light of WWEs history, why anyone chooses to side with them more than Paige....someone explain it to me. I'm not saying Paige isn't lying to some degree, but WWE has mastered the art of corporate spin, coverups, and using lawsuits to fuck people over.

14 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

The WWE has never gone so far as to comment publicly about a situation like this before, have they?  This is getting nasty.

Except for Punk of course. The WWE Youtube video that showed Punk's ass for four minutes to show there was no lump was my favorite thing ever.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the TNA thread or this one, but Maria Kannelis is in the news for her time on the Apprentice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/exclusive-maria-kanellis-on-donald-trump-firing-her-from-celebrity-apprentice-for-locker-room-talk/ar-BBxjOER?li=BBnb7Kz

I like that they not only state she's in TNA but what exactly she's been doing.  Good job, MSN.