DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

29 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, the last thing I saw about Goldberg vs Lesnar was that it's planned for Wrestlemania.

If that's the case, then this company never learns.

Maybe they're trying to get people to forget about how bad this year's Mania was by booking an even worse one?

51 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Seeing Dan Matha's acne body last night made me wonder... What are some of the worst aspects of WWE going HD?

Shawn Michaels' bald spot? Jerry Lawler's orange shoe-leather face? More obvious whiffed/open-hand strikes?

I remember the first match of the "HD Era" was Kennedy vs Michaels and both guys, I guess worried about looking pale in HD, cranked the spray tan up to 11.  They looked like Trump & Hogan had babies and after the match the ring looked like a Cheeto factory exploded.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh, the last thing I saw about Goldberg vs Lesnar was that it's planned for Wrestlemania.

If that's the case, then this company never learns.

Per Meltzer on the radio show - Survivor Series is still Plan A that they are all gung ho about.

Apparently - the reason they want to do Survivor Series so bad is because they don't want to change any of the booking plans they have for Brock (which apparently is still Brock vs. Shane)

The fall back plan will be Royal Rumble since they are going to need something to help fill the building

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omega said:

14517670_1219703834734775_43274746821629

I am starting to think that they made up the attack & the injuries he received was from a fight he had with Paige

Court Bauer said on his podcast that Del Rio told him personally that it was a road rage incident similar to what happened to Jamie Noble, and the guy drove off and they got his license plate. So either Court is lying (likely) or Del Rio can't get his story straight (also likely)

32 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Court Bauer said on his podcast that Del Rio told him personally that it was a road rage incident similar to what happened to Jamie Noble, and the guy drove off and they got his license plate. So either Court is lying (likely) or Del Rio can't get his story straight (also likely)

I think the latter over the former.  Someone noted that the cuts were not very deep and looked like emo cuts..

Interesting that the WWE is very quiet on Paige's side.

I would guess that Shane would help Goldberg win (either directly or indirectly) so that Brock doesn't lose clean and to set up their match at WM. Its all part time workers so I don't think in the grand scheme of things it matters who wins, it will more be a vehicle to sell Network subs to see Goldberg, and then to push whatever their WM plans are.

Lesnar isn't going to lose to Goldberg.

They'll want to keep him strong so it means something when he jobs to Shane.

18 hours ago, The Z said:

So are they really going to sacrifice Brick Strofferman to Goldberg just to build up to a Lesnar/Goldberg match in 2016? I wouldn't be surprised.

Is there a better use for him?  He's..... big.  I haven't seen anything at all to convince me he can cut promos or work a decent match.  He's got looking like a gigantic toddler down pat, but that isn't really something Vince can make a lot of money off of.

Edit: Typed Orton's name in the first sentence by mistake.  Oops.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Call me crazy I just figured this 3 year build up for Lesnar may have been leading to an active performer going over him and establishing themselves as the man who conquered the beast

I was young and optimistic once, too.

• Like 3

this is stupid.

Goldberg's last match was over 12 years ago. Ironically (?), it was against Brock Lesnar, and it was an absolute shitshow of a match. I can't imagine that anybody has ANY desire to see the match again.

Plus, Goldy's not coming back to lose. why in the blue hell would you put him over Brock. AGAIN?!? this is mind-numbingly stupid.

• Like 3