DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

So are we taking any odds on Vince/Steph/Triple H/Shane showing up at Bound For Glory tomorrow night?

James

Vince Russo, Steph Bellars , HHHallowicked, and Shane Douglas?

I'll say 12 to 1 against each. 10000 to 1 against all 4.

Yeah yeah, I know one of those names doesn't count.

I was there last night, the match ended abruptly and Apollo looked legitimately hurt. He was holding his knee on the mat and the ref was talking to him and he limped to the back. Might be a work but seemed legit.  

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apollo Crews is now jobbing to Curt Hawkins on House Shows

I think he has passed Adam Rose for worst post-callup career

I think the Ascension are still the front runners. Perhaps Konnor, specifically, since he got tagged with a wellness violation as well.

41 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I think the Ascension are still the front runners. Perhaps Konnor, specifically, since he got tagged with a wellness violation as well.

Hey, they just got a win this past week on Smackdown!

I guess my big problem with Apollo Crews is: Who the fuck is Apollo Crews? I get that he's a muscle guy who smiles a lot and does a back flip, but who is he? Why does he fight? What kind of person is he? Where is he from? Why should I care about Apollo Crews. The guy has a great story, living in Africa, toiling on the indies, but none of that has been communicated to me on TV. He's just wrestler man who wrestles and I don't care if he wins or loses.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I guess my big problem with Apollo Crews is: Who the fuck is Apollo Crews? I get that he's a muscle guy who smiles a lot and does a back flip, but who is he? Why does he fight? What kind of person is he? Where is he from? Why should I care about Apollo Crews. The guy has a great story, living in Africa, toiling on the indies, but none of that has been communicated to me on TV. He's just wrestler man who wrestles and I don't care if he wins or loses.

We'll never get any kind of backstory for Crews that goes beyond "He loves to have fun".

• Like 1

Wait til he busts out his dance moves every week! That'll get him over.

They missed a chance to do something cool by having him tag with Neville. As super athletic team of flippy dudes would be over without the need to tell a deep story.

Trade Kalisto for Neville and get it done WWE. Crews and Neville vs The Usos, American Alpha and Slater and Rhyno are all great programs.

• Like 1

Off-topic but I wanted to thank everyone over the years for checking out www.prowresblog.blogspot.com

I know I don't update it much anymore, but I have finally hit over 1,000,000 views. I appreciate the support and just wanted to say thanks! I had been waiting for this day for a long time.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

Off-topic but I wanted to thank everyone over the years for checking out www.prowresblog.blogspot.com

I know I don't update it much anymore, but I have finally hit over 1,000,000 views. I appreciate the support and just wanted to say thanks! I had been waiting for this day for a long time.

Mark.

(j/k.  Well done.)