DVDVR Message Board

Jurassic World - 2015

Fat Spanish Waiter

Yeah, this was a boatload of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The climax was so ridiculous and was just missing a t-rex/raptor high five (made all the more hilarious by T-rex arms!).

I can totally see what they were going for with each of the characters and their growth throughout the film but it just wasn't nearly as well developed as the human elements of JP. The comedic relief was too inconsistent and I feel like Pratt's character could have been way funnier without losing the fact that he's basically a dino-riding bad ass. 

Also, the article on grantland ripping this apart for being pastiche is awful because almost every blockbuster (what? 90% of films made these days?) is cheap pastiche made up of previous successful movies to get a cheap dollar.

To be fair, most of what's on Grantland is awful. . . For the record I loved the movie, and it was alot better than I was expecting. easily the second best movie in the series, though that's not saying much.  Would have been even better if Judy Greer was the lead, not the movie. . . 

• Like 1

If you haven't seen this, you really should.

The kid from the first JP movie has a twitter

The new Florence and the Machine album is great. I was once trapped in a vehicle that was pushed off a cliff by an actual Tyrannosaurus rex.

This velociraptor just hissed at me

CHYqGT2UMAIIa2U.jpg

Apologies for the Twitter hiatus. If it's any consolation, at least velociraptors didn't try to kill you when you were 9 years old.

• Like 2

And how did those 2 kids start up a 20 year old abandoned Jeep? Sure they swapped the battery but the spark plugs, alternator and even the gas, would all be totally useless.

That was worse than random cars still starting on Walking Dead.

Oh and as for the GM dino -

Why give it cool abilities but never use them?

"It can camoflage!!!" - Oh that's cool. Let's see where this goes..... Never happens again.

"She can regulate her body to avoid thermal detection" - Never needs to do that again.

She was spliced with Mexican walking fish for aquatic adaptation - Killed by sea monster WHILE ON LAND!

A better question is why you would have a zoo exhibit that could camoflage itself and hide from guests. I get the accidental effects from splicing, but it seemed like they did it intentionally. As for getting eaten by the sea dinosaur , it seemed more like it was blind sighted by it, after being weakened by the T Rex and raptor.

I didn't think the product placement was that bad. It's a theme park. It felt more realistic to have name brands plastered everywhere.  Plus, if someone is using a cell phone it's either going to be an S6 or an iPhone 6 for the most part.  That's probably 90% of the market.  I watched the first season of Bloodline and everyone had S5's in that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I finally saw this. It was a movie! For me, it kinda felt like the first Abrams Star Trek movie: entertaining enough, all the right nostalgia buttons get dutifully pressed - just, whatever you do, don't think about anything for more than 5 seconds.

It also kinda reminded me of AGE OF ULTRON, in the sense that you really get the impression the director had in mind to make a more subversive movie than the one that ended up on screen. Like, I imagine Trevorrow has a cut of this movie that's more overtly comedic and satirical than the way Spielberg saw fit to spin it.