DVDVR Message Board

Jurassic World - 2015

Fat Spanish Waiter

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179195-check-out-a-pitch-trailer-for-jurassic-world

Universal announced last evening that "Jurassic Park 4" is going to be called Jurassic World and hit theaters on June 12, 2015. Now, check out a pitch trailer for the film. Take it for what it is, merely a pitch trailer. Producer Frank Marshall clarified via Twitter that the scene featured is "not part of the movie." According to the YouTube poster who ran the video: "All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool." 

http://youtu.be/5ZL_5xh4pjc

• 1 year later...

Seems like they're doing a variation of that old, insane JP4 script where genetically engineered raptors were used to hunt criminals, but now it's a genetically engineered dinosaur on the loose and regular old raptors are used to hunt it down.

Chris Pratt... Bryce Dallas Howard... Super Dino's that aren't shown in the trailer...

Besides the "How the fuck did anyone legally greenlight that park after the shit that happened in the first 3 movies?"...

ALL FUCKING IN!

• Like 1

Why would you create a mega-hybrid-dinosaur© when you already have the most perfect killing machines ever in the T-rex and Raptors? (And JP3's Spinosaurus ofc) There is more than enough legs in T-rex and co to scare a whole new generation. I guess the first films were killingesty enough. Got to raise those stakes for the sequels! 

• Like 1

I think what all the subsequent movies, including this one based on the trailer, forgot is that it was AWE that sold the first one. The dinosaurs looked incredible. People went back again and again because they literally could not believe what they were seeing. Without that same caliber of effects, it's just another "fakeass CGI terrorizes humans" movie, and we've seen about a zillion of those at this point.

The dinosaur jumping out the water to eat the shark looked like a videogame cutscene.

• Like 1

Got to be honest not all that impressed.  Plot looks like Deep Blue Sea meets Jaws 3.

It's almost like people forgot that Jurassic Park 2 and 3 weren't that good.

Not so sure why an apparent mother would be so proud of her young son going off to Dinosaur Island alone where people died and were eaten by actual living breathing dinosaurs.  Maybe she hates him and wants him to get eaten.