DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Saves the World.... Again. AKA, DVDVR Plays XCOM 1 and 2 .

So, back in February, I was doing this project, then stopped, due to just being too busy with work related items and the like. The save file is now long dead. BUT, XCOM is now playable on my current console, Xbox One, and XCOM 2 is dropping on consoles at 11 PM tonight. I currently do not have the money to purchase XCOM 2, but that just leaves me with a damn good shot to get in one last run on Enemy Unknown. And who better to involve then the DVDVR board, once more.

Except, this time, I will be streaming the entire playthrough on Twitch! So you can watch yourself and others die in defense of our planet like true patriots!

I wanted to gauge interest in how many people want there names put in first, and to see if anyone is interesting in watching the playthrough. First Missions should be starting Wednesday, unless people want me to start tonight instead.

• Like 1

Just as a reminder of who you couldn't trust last time

Memorial

Gon Zo

Cris Tobal

Brian Fowler

D. F. Above

Craig H

Matt D

And that didnt include Pete who died in his very first mission

WELCOME BACK TO XCOM DVDVR

Not posting the first mission, since it involves randoms. One of them died, another one paniced, and killed 2 sectoids with one shot. 

MISSION NO.1:

OPERATION SECRET NIGHT

BLOEMFONTEIN, SOUTH AFRICA

SQUAD:

Phil Rippa: Assault

Gon Zo: Heavy

Ax B: Rookie

Odessa Steps: Rookie

First turn, we already have already have 2 Sectoids Spawning into the equation, and Ax B and a sectoid exchange shots, which with the Sectoid taking the worse, but Ax B not in great shape. Gon Zo already has missed 2 shots with his LMG, not great. 2nd turn in, and 2 more Sectoids spawn just to make this a little more fun. Odessa makes a big shot on a 55% on a Sectoid who was mind controlling a fellow Sectoid. AxB makes a big reaction shot to kill another, and then Rippa Run and Guns a bastard out of existence with his Shotgun. An unfortunite situation leads to Odessa taking a decent shot of his own, and Gon Zo's bad streak of aim continues when he misses a 84% chance for a double kill. Fortunitly, AxB doesn't miss, and the mission ends.

Phil Rippa: Assault

2 Missions, 3 kills

Gon Zo: Heavy

2 Missions, 3 Kills

Ax B: Promoted to Squaddie (Support)

2 Missions, 3 Kills

Odessa Steps: Promoted to Squaddie (Sniper)

1 Mission, 2 Kills.

So, work got crazy this last week, and I was not able to really do a good run on XCOM. I apologize for that to anyone who was excited.

BUT.

I am currently downloading XCOM 2 as we speak. My FIRST run in this game will be the DVDVR run, and I will be streaming it. I have no experience in this game. A lot of people are probably gonna die. But I think that plays into the fun. I will probably spend a decent amount of time today creating the "characters to appear" list. Also, expect some fun Dark VIP's. 

On 9/28/2016 at 11:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Just as a reminder of who you couldn't trust last time

And that didnt include Pete who died in his very first mission

Hey now! Let the record show I am/was fatigued and never actually KIA. Put me in coach!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a list by rank, name, nicknames, class, # of kills (#k), # of missions (#m).

Major El Dragon "Devil Dog" - Assault, 0k, 0m (mission reward)

Squaddie J Stout2 - Assault, 0k, 0m (psionic testing, new recruit)

Squaddie Inline Stang - support, 0k, 3m

Captain Ru Kered "Boomer" - Assault, 6k, 4m

Captain Saggine Bo "Hex" - Sniper, 12k, 8m 

Colonel Slimy Elbow "Cobra" - Assault, 28k, 13m

Colonel Robert Funguli "Arcade" - Heavy, 54k, 22m

Colonel Phil Rippa "Roadblock" - Heavy, 42k, 26m 

Colonel Damien Death "Bonus" - Support, 36k, 27m

Colonel Mel Raz "Zed" - Sniper, 46k, 27m

Colonel Kid Sixx "Trips" - Assault, *Psi-Abilities*, 64k 30m *Volunteer*

These were the stats going into the final encounter. There were 3 other guys I had up that were not connected to dvdr in no way except me, just xbl buddies when I drew a blank on dvdr guys. I was innebriated and trying to remember names of people, apologies.  JT was the best of us.

KIA-

Sergeant J Stout "Cargo" - 1k, 1m Operation Driving Serpent

Spoiler

JT went into the Gollop Chamber.  Final mission roster was: JT, Phil, Melraz, Robert, Damien, and "Bubba" (1of 3, colonel, and support/healer who also had psi abilities.  The final mission is on an alien ship where you fight every enemy type in the game.  I had 2 healers, 2 lmg/rocket Heavy, 1 sniper, and an Assault guy boarding the ship.  Through fuckery about 1/4 of the way through, "Bubba" with probably the 2nd highest HP on the roster, gets nuked, just completely obliterated in one turn.  I healed him with my 2nd healer (Damien) but the game glitches and he wont get up.  He was probably #2 behind JT because of the psi abilities, will, and high aim (34k,22m), and he could ya know, keep you fuckers alive a lot of the time.  Anyway 1/2 way through, out of medkits at this point and Phil goes down next, then Robert bites it.  During this whole time Mel Raz is just murdering everything.  He problay had 10+ kills in this mission. Dont get me wrong, everybody was killing shit. JT has this psi ability to mentally nuke shit and Damien stays alive.  3 make it into the final chamber where Damien and Melraz almost immediately get mind controlled.  JT pops a defensive bubble to stay alive and starts going all Professor X on mother fuckers.  We have a few rounds here of defense and luck, but the bubble runs out and Melraz is still under mind control by the main alien bombaclot, on overwatch trying to kill Kid Sixx.  In heartbreaking fashion, for the good of the mission, and the fate of humanity Kidd Sixx HAS to put MelRaz down to stay alive and save the world.

Kid Sixx then gets his shine on with a hulk-up and comeback and we go into the finish.  Damien Death is free of mind control (5 turns I think), moves into an elevated flanking position and uses suppressing fire.  Kid Sixx starts stumping mudholes and walking them dry.  Big Bad falls and somehow a black hole forms or someshit.  "Trips" looks into the future and can see the world being wiped out.  Being the upstanding martyr he is, throws damien back out of the room with mind powers and locks the door.  I think he tells Damien to leave the ship (which im pretty sure he does) but its kinda sketchy at this point.  JT pulls an "11" (or maybe a Goku "instant transmission")on us and blinks himself, and the black hole out of existence.  RIP Kid Sixx, you were the best of us, thank you for your sacrifice.  We all live and the aliens eat a bag of dicks.

The end.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

They're just angry because Arthur Ashe actually won something!

It did occur to me that I would be the second dead black person with a statue on Monument Avenue that won and the only dead person with a statue on Monument Avenue that was victorious in a war.

• Like 1