DVDVR Message Board

No Mercy XII

Dolfan in NYC

There apparently was a press release sent out by like TV Guide that references "Talk about Ziggler leaving the WWE"

So while I still expect Ziggler to win - it isn't the mortal lock that a lot of people are making it out to be

They did announce on the preshow that Becky is out (personal health injury not considered serious)

They pushed Alexa's title match to the Nov 8 Smackdown in Scotland

4 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

The British bookmakers think Miz is probably going over FWIW. 

As mentioned with the TV Guide stuff - apparently the cable company's received the preview for Tuesday that have Ziggler losing

The WON update today

*The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler IC title vs. career - Cable companies have been given a preview of Tuesday's show which we'll have later in the update that would seem to indicate Ziggler losing. We do also know that if he does, it'd be an angle in some form since he's being advertised on shows next month, although I suppose the right hand and left hand in that company aren't always in synch. Miz is listed as a -160 favorite but that number only indicates people don't know.

Curt Hawkins announced on the Kickoff Show that will be making his in ring "debut" this Tuesday on Smackdown so it looks like his gimmick is postponing his in ring return. No way this doesn't end with him eating a chokeslam from Kane in the upcoming weeks.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They did announce on the preshow that Becky is out (personal health injury not considered serious)

They pushed Alexa's title match to the Nov 8 Smackdown in Scotland

I don't like her chances..... Then again, I wasn't expecting Becky to drop the belt tonight anyway.

Just now, RefMattyD570 said:

They probably have something lined up with Orton and Wyatt where something wacky happens to the ring so that has to go last. 

I think this is way more likely

Hopefully the something wacky is Orton separating his shoulder again

• Like 3

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!

Becky tweeted a pic from the hospital, so it could be a lot of things.

Otherwise, the PPV was there.  Nothing terrible, possibly the best Ziggler match in existance and Miz should face Broken Matt in the final of March Madness.

Yeah...Yeah...Yeah...Yeah

Maybe being on Smackdown, away from Raw's hack writers, the Wyatt Family can finally be pushed as the dominant faction they should have been all along. Let Bray and Jimmy Jacobs come up with all the material for the Wyatt's. I really didn't want to see Harper lost in the shuffle on Raw. 

• Like 1

I'm really happy Rhyno and Slater's run gets to keep on, keepin' on. I definitely expected some kind of interference from AA to add some more hatred to their feud with the Usos, but Rhyno & Slater winning clean was a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1

The world title match was good. Nikki/Carmella was ok. Tag titles match was solid and a nice surprise with Heath & Rhyno winning. Hopefully it means Harper and Rowan take the belts. Swagger/Corbin was solid. Orton/Wyatt was inoffensive, but completely forgettable aside from Harper's return.

Miz/Ziggler was fantastic and should have ended the damn show. I'm disappointed Miz lost. I think Ziggler has looked the best he has ever in WWE the last couple of months, but Miz has looked even better. That might be the best match either guy has had ever.

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Surely, this is the midcard title run that will propel Dolph to the next level.

Yes, this year he is the undeniable Captain of the Spirit Squad at Survivor Series.

American Alpha, Apollo Crews and a Not-Signed-By-RAW cruiserweight are donning the green and white next month.

Not gonna lie think I'm a fan of Curt Hawkins, it's so absurd but like I said earlier no one this doesnt end with him eating a chokeslam.

The 8 man tag was a victim of time registrants it should have went longer to showcase all 8 guys. 

The World Title match wasn't bad and had some fun spots. It got a little wonky with the double submission tap and the match going on but other then that i have no complaints. I also Like AJ using the chair on Cena to retain the title. 

I did't like Nikki vs Carmella they just didn't click. I thought Carmella worked her ass off but she just isn't there yet I guess. Not a bella fan especially of their in ring work. I was hoping Carmella would go over.

I enjoyed the tag match alot. Heel Uso's was the best thing to happpen to the Uso's. They work so much better as rat bastards cheap shooting their opponents.Slater and Rhyno work great as a team. Slater is on fire right now man. I'm more than a little pleased Slater and Rhyno lived to see another day I thought for sure that The Uso's were walking away as champions.

Swagger vs Corbin was good for what it was. I have no complaints. They are definatley pushing Corbin. Maybe he's the one to end Dolph's IC run. Which leads us into ...

Miz vs Dolph was my favorite match of the night. I'm not much of a Miz fan and I'm a way bigger Dolph fan then some of the other board members. But to use a trope this match told a story. Miz and Dolph busted their asses to but on the best match of the three they've had in the last month. The Maryse stuff and Spirit Squad run in were all great touches. I was surprised Dolph won to tell you the truth. I think it's time he moves on from the WWE I think he's hit a ceiling. But hey he won the big one atleast one night.

Alexa vs Naomi was just there for me. No fault of their own just we where all expecting Becky vs Alexa and we got this. One thing that bothers me is Naomi went over though. They announced earlier that Alexa was still number one contender and facing becky in a month in Scotland, then they proceed to have the number one contender for the Smackdown Womens Title lose to a perennial mid carder. WWE booking sure can be frustrating.

Bray went over in a PPV main event against Randy Orton and Luke Harper returned. I say the show ended on a good note.

I enjoyed the show besides the women matches where I thought the wrong people went over and the confusing double tap thing in the WWE Title match there was nothing terrible. SmackDown still is the better brand I'd say.

55 minutes ago, zev said:

Yes, this year he is the undeniable Captain of the Spirit Squad at Survivor Series.

American Alpha, Apollo Crews and a Not-Signed-By-RAW cruiserweight are donning the green and white next month.

Kalisto