DVDVR Message Board

No Mercy XII

Dolfan in NYC

I totally forgot about Harper's return. What a waste! This company can't make up its mind on whether or not they want Bray to have a crew or not. Have him go without a crew and more importantly, HAVE HIM WIN.

Harper would have been better used on Raw, which is really weird to say, I know.

I liked the finish of the world title match, just for the fact that it made perfect sense. If triple threat matches are going to be no DQ, why wouldn't you wait for the right opportunity to blast your opponents with a chair? We should be questioning every triple threat that DOESN'T end that way.

Have triple threats always been no DQ in WWE, by the way? I could have sworn that was a relatively recent thing, at least as a point of emphasis.

4 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

Have triple threats always been no DQ in WWE, by the way? I could have sworn that was a relatively recent thing, at least as a point of emphasis.

I'm pretty sure they have been. I mean, without rope breaks, they might as well be no DQ. I could be wrong though. 

What I'd like to see coming out of the show...

Styles vs Ambrose at Survivor Series. I think Cena's taking time off again, right? Ambrose has a legit case for a rematch. Smackdown also gets TLC in December so I would build to another Styles/Ambrose/Cena match there.

Orton vs Wyatt builds to a 5 on 5 match at Survivor Series. Orton, Slater, Rhyno, Kane, Swagger vs Bray, Harper, Corbin, Ascension (?). Something like that. Mostly I want Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper to be a tag team and feud with Slater and Rhyno.

I think I would just continue the Miz vs Ziggler feud with Miz growing more and more desperate to get his gold back but Ziggler keeps finding a way to retain. That can build to the big blowoff match where Miz puts something on the line. Maryse? His hair? His career?

Usos and American Alpha can finally have their proper feud now.

• Like 1

I think it's time for some call-ups to SmackDown, No Mercy was a perfectly fine show but the roster needs more depth to it moving forward. We need so more midcarders for Corbin, Miz and Dolph to feud with, a couple more women and maybe one more tag team. 

• Like 2

Samoa Joe seems like he's coming up after Takeover. He feels like he's going to be a SD guy. I think he just fits in better with their group of top guys.

The Revival makes sense for Smackdown.

I'd repackage Aiden English as a singles wrestler.

Kalisto should be coming back at some point.

There's a couple things they could do to address the depth issues.

• Like 1

The booking for the triple threat sucked. They try and put over Ambrose as the wild crazy brawler yet he goes an entire no dq match without using a weapon. Sandman would've been cracking skulls from the opening bell(and his own before the bell).

Naomi doesn't suck, she's been pretty damn good since last year. She had a great little match with Sasha on SD! that was given time.

I had people telling me they didn't like the finish to the world title match because the chair shots were weak.  Don't know what to say, really. You can't have guys getting their heads caved in anymore, we're past all that and rightly so.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but from looking around the net there are some people who are very very angry about Dolph not being retired. I'm not a big fan of the guy but he's not close to being the worst on the roster and in recent months he's actually been quite good,  solid on the mic even. 

Plus, that reaction. You can't say crowds don't like him.

3 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm pretty sure they have been. I mean, without rope breaks, they might as well be no DQ. I could be wrong though. 

I don't know, I think it would make sense to have there be no rope breaks, but still disallow low blows, weapons, outside interference, etc.

For that matter, why should there be no rope breaks in a triple threat match? Why not just make it so that getting disqualified leads to elimination from the match, leaving the other two wrestlers to fight one-on-one? That opens up further booking possibilities AND would make a triple threat no DQ match its own special stipulation. This is why having them be no DQ by default doesn't make much sense to me.

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but from looking around the net there are some people who are very very angry about Dolph not being retired. I'm not a big fan of the guy but he's not close to being the worst on the roster and in recent months he's actually been quite good,  solid on the mic even. 

"I'll kick your head off your face!"

I'm tempted to say it was more that they hate Miz than they love Dolph, who has been presented as nothing more than a total choke artist the last few months. He's not even sympathetic in this situation, really. He literally said if he lost his career he had other things lined up to do. I ain't rooting for no wrestler with a backup plan! 

And even then, his win doesn't seem like it was earned. Miz got distracted by everyone being ejected and then got hit with a superkick when he turns around. Dolph didn't even adapt to the hairspray to the eyes. He fell for it for the third match in a row. And he was the one that offered up his own career in the first place. He's like the dumbest face since WCW Sting.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Wrestling fans are a strange lot.

I guess I'm the only person who thought the 3-way was a little flat. And I hated that finish, though it was clever. AJ tapped. The ref should've restarted the match as Cena vs. Ambrose. I know all this will add fuel to the feuds, but it still came off stupid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Now that Miz has established himself as the Bland Directionless Midcard Babyface Whisperer, maybe they should turn him loose on Apollo Crews and see if he can salvage that project...

Since you've apparently forgotten they just did Miz vs Apollo Crews about a month ago, I'm going to guess that he can't.

8 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

It's a recent thing, yes. They went years without addressing what happens if somebody gets DQed in a triple threat match before they decided to say they were all no-DQ.

• Like 1

Forgot about the Hawkins bit. Thought it was mind boggling that he is not using his awesome "In the Middle of it Now" theme music that was being used in the first return vignettes.

I wonder how long they stretch the Orton/Wyatt feud for. Seems like it will go at least a couple more months.