DVDVR Message Board

No Mercy XII

Dolfan in NYC

Next Smackdown PPV is in two weeks.  Starting this now because of the amazing poster WWE has made for it:

CtTf7ynWAAEkjf8.jpg

Announced matches:

For the WWE World Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose

For the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Alexa Bliss

For the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Rhyno/Slater (c) vs. The Usos

• Like 4

As much as I hate The Miz and don't even care about Maryse, although she is great eye candy; that poster is a great Calvin Klein knock off.

I hope Slater & Rhyno aren't dropping the titles yet. Hopefully, they hold on due to interference from American Alpha. Add more hatred to the AA/Usos feud.

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm surprised Slater & Rhyno still have the titles.... I figured their title run would last two days and end at the first Smackdown after the PPV.

With how over Slater got himself, and how well he and Rhyno ended up working together, both in ring and the skits together, that would have been the worst thing that could have happened. I should also mention how over Rhyno still is. I guess ECW nostalgia will never truly die, but the GORE chants and when he hits the gore would make you think he didn't just return to WWE TV last year. I'm sure there's a good portion of the roster that wishes they were as over as Rhyno still is.

I thought No Mercy was like maybe middle of the month. Two weeks is way too soon for it. I wonder how long this PPV pace is going to keep up. I remember last year I said they should just do a SNME once a month from house shows on the road. It couldn't be that expensive to use a bare minimum set. This has to be way more expensive trucking all this production.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Z said:

They just started with the brand specifc PPVs and it already feels like complete overkill to me.

7 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought No Mercy was like maybe middle of the month. Two weeks is way too soon for it. I wonder how long this PPV pace is going to keep up. I remember last year I said they should just do a SNME once a month from house shows on the road. It couldn't be that expensive to use a bare minimum set. This has to be way more expensive trucking all this production.

Too many PPVs. The single brand PPV's should be one a month, alternating like they used to be. Backlash was Smackdown Live's in September so for me Hell in a Cell PPV is RAW only in October.

Yeah, I don't get it either. If they were charging $40 or $50 for each like with the first split, sure. If you have the network, what's the deal? You aren't forced to watch it live even. Skip the stuff you deem to be unworthy of your time if that's the problem. 

• Like 2

Remember that Natural is in the UK and thus has to decide whether or not to stay up all night or potentially get spoiled. But in general, yeah, the point stands. It's WWE. They've been putting on PPVs for the last few years where they don't work out half the card until the last week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

Remember that Natural is in the UK and thus has to decide whether or not to stay up all night or potentially get spoiled. But in general, yeah, the point stands. It's WWE. They've been putting on PPVs for the last few years where they don't work out half the card until the last week.

Thank you, Matt D.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, The Z said:

They just started with the brand specifc PPVs and it already feels like complete overkill to me.

I thought I would feel this way too but if you view them as completely separate brands which they are right now,  for SD! there's I believe four weeks of build from Backlash to No Mercy and then quite a while until Survivor Series. 

I think the real issue will be TLC (only two weeks after SS) but I imagine that will be mostly rematches/blow offs before they head into the new year.

For what it is worth - there is talk that Ziggler's current deal is up soon and while they have been talking about an extension, Ziggler has in the past, hemmed and hawed before re-signing. So it is possible that is playing into this too.

I mean I am almost positive he wins and ruins the IC title but ya never know

On 9/28/2016 at 10:21 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think the real issue will be TLC (only two weeks after SS) but I imagine that will be mostly rematches/blow offs before they head into the new year.

With all these PPVs, there's no reason to not have Survivor Series be all traditional survivor matches to not have to blow through singles matches.  It would be pretty easy to fill out a TLC card from things happening in 2/3 elimination tags.