DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

5 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Infuriating if true.

To be fair, I'm next to positive this is a negotiation tactic.  As I'm positive, this is the result of the Shield and Watson's agent figuring out what's the max they can give him without him appealing. 

And that is the result of the arbitrator saying to them, "Figure this out, because neither of you will like what I do."

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, I'm next to positive this is a negotiation tactic.  As I'm positive, this is the result of the Shield and Watson's agent figuring out what's the max they can give him without him appealing. 

And that is the result of the arbitrator saying to them, "Figure this out, because neither of you will like what I do."

I honestly don't know what the punishment should be and quite frankly,  I don't have any faith in anyone involved to even try to get it right. I don't like the idea of extra judicial punishments for what is essentially criminal behavior,  but the legal system has already washed their hands of the situation.  Just make a decision so I can stop being conflicted about how he's going to be punished and start being conflicted about him being on my favorite team. 

• Like 1

Brian Urlacher remains an idiot

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/13/brian-urlacher-believes-some-former-players-claim-to-have-cte-just-to-be-in-the-f-king-lawsuit/

(Note the article is full of the usual Florio editorializing but when you sift through it, you see all the various ways Urlacher is comically wrong)

Urlacher was also going to pick a fight with BAS RUTTEN before some people stepped in and told him he would be promptly killed. So, yeah, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Urlacher was also going to pick a fight with BAS RUTTEN before some people stepped in and told him he would be promptly killed. So, yeah, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

One could argue that he showed intelligence by not fighting after being advised who his opponent would be instead of continuing. 

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Robinson also says that the NFLPA/Watson are prepared to sue in federal court if the arbiter hands out a year suspension

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/18/nflpa-deshaun-watson-have-decided-to-challenge-a-full-year-suspension-in-court/

Oh please drag it out so his year suspension fucks up two years and costs him more money 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The Manti Te'o doc stuff was moved to the... and this might be a surprise... the documentary thread

Mainly because I had posted it there not thinking someone would have put it here

• Like 1

So apparently today is judgement day for Browns fans and Deshaun Watson fans as a decision is supposed to come.  the NFLPA already sent out a press release.  

6 games according to Schefter.  Knowing the NFL it will get appealed down to 3 or 4.   Safe to say the Browns and Deshaun got extremely lucky

Edited by hammerva

People were suspicious yesterday when the NFLPA announced they'd accept the decision/would not challenge it and wanted the NFL to pre-announce the same (my paraphrasing) that they had gotten leaked what the punishment would be and were already happy with it. Six games supports that theory.

Guessing the 6 games is actually a soft 23.  So even if there's an appeal and it's knocked down to 3-4, he's still lost more than 20 games of his career. 

The NFL probably knows they'd get thrown over the barrel for the Texans sitting DW4 all last year and giving him something as egregious as people were calling for. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So apparently today is judgement day for Browns fans and Deshaun Watson fans as a decision is supposed to come.  the NFLPA already sent out a press release.  

6 games according to Schefter.  Knowing the NFL it will get appealed down to 3 or 4.   Safe to say the Browns and Deshaun got extremely lucky

Doesn't sound like NFLPA is going to appeal, and he'd probably want to miss the beginning of the season rather than the end anyway.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Guessing the 6 games is actually a soft 23.  So even if there's an appeal and it's knocked down to 3-4, he's still lost more than 20 games of his career. 

The NFL probably knows they'd get thrown over the barrel for the Texans sitting DW4 all last year and giving him something as egregious as people were calling for. 

It was his choice not to play. He was mad about not hiring his pick of GM. This predated the lawsuit. He quit on the Texans and he shouldn’t get credit for time served for quitting on the team.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The NFL would probably like it if fans would not attribute this suspension length to them haha I think if it was up to Goodell it would have been a  lot longer. Wonder they will appeal it to themselves or just let it slide since its the first case by the new arbitrator.